Gyms - Too Many Lines

TribeFan

I recently was at the Bradley County / McMinn County basketball game and saw the new Bradley gym floor. It is different with the floor being BLACK except for inside the 3 point arch.

What is odd is all of the different lines on the floor. Its obvious there are volley ball court lines, a half court line for basketball, and other lines that I have no idea what they are for. It looks like a hop scotch court.

At one point one of the officials was struggling with making a back court call because there were so many lines on the court around the half court area. Bradley has a nice gym and a proud tradition but way to many lines on the court.

Is this an issue at other gyms?

I saw Hamilton Heights play at Bradley Central. I felt like I was at a college facility. The gym is very large and yes the floor is mostly black. I may be a little old school but the floor looks like an NBA floor and I guess today's kids like that type of thing. I didn't notice any problem with the players on mid court or out of bounds lines.

Its not the color of the floor that was odd. Its all the lines on the floor that give it the appearance of being a maze, plinko board, hopscotch, etc..... Yes nice gym but way too many lines IMO.

If you think Bradley is like playing in a college gym then please come visit McMinn. The gym at McMinn has a seating capacity of 3400 with 25 feet of space from the baseline to the wall. I would say that McMinn has the largest gym between Chattanooga and Knoxville including colleges and Universities.

Its not the color of the floor that was odd. Its all the lines on the floor that give it the appearance of being a maze, plinko board, hopscotch, etc..... Yes nice gym but way too many lines IMO.

If you think Bradley is like playing in a college gym then please come visit McMinn. The gym at McMinn has a seating capacity of 3400 with 25 feet of space from the baseline to the wall. I would say that McMinn has the largest gym between Chattanooga and Knoxville including colleges and Universities.

Went down there last season, definitely one of the biggest high school gyms I've seen. Almost too big, LOL!!!

I like the midsize to smaller gyms where the fans get packed in and get loud.

I recently was at the Bradley County / McMinn County basketball game and saw the new Bradley gym floor. It is different with the floor being BLACK except for inside the 3 point arch.

What is odd is all of the different lines on the floor. Its obvious there are volley ball court lines, a half court line for basketball, and other lines that I have no idea what they are for. It looks like a hop scotch court.

At one point one of the officials was struggling with making a back court call because there were so many lines on the court around the half court area. Bradley has a nice gym and a proud tradition but way to many lines on the court.

It's odd you mention that because my wife made the same comment. I think their problem is they have the same color lines painted for the 4 side courts' foul-line's etc. as the main court's lines. The black floor was somewhat neat, but whoever finished the court prior to painting did a terrible job sanding. It was rippled bad and the black just enhanced the rippling.

I've always said McMinn has the biggest gym, with ample room to walk behind the benches and baselines. I hope our program will get back to what it was in the late 80's and early 90's, when the lower sections were packed and the upper decks had several people sitting in them.

What is odd is all of the different lines on the floor. Its obvious there are volley ball court lines, a half court line for basketball, and other lines that I have no idea what they are for. It looks like a hop scotch court.

• 2 weeks later...