Region 1

humorwrestling

What about the young man from Elizabethton he barely beat. The Grundy young man got robbed. He is a good wrestler but really needs to get in shape and stop the blood and injury bull.

I was at the tournament. How was the Grundy guy robbed? The official is a very good one and called a good match. He is probably one of the best ones there. Blood time and injury time are taken by the wrestler when they are bleeding or injured. If you would have seen, Joseph only took 1 injury time during a neck wrench that wasn't called. It was the second time though. If you didn't know neck wrenches are illigal. If you know anything about wrestling the Betsy guy one is pretty good and two wrestled a smart match which can get you wins over better wreslters. So him not deserving best wrestler is completely idiotic when he beat two state finalist before he made the finals as a 4 seed.

I was at the tournament. How was the Grundy guy robbed? The official is a very good one and called a good match. He is probably one of the best ones there. Blood time and injury time are taken by the wrestler when they are bleeding or injured. If you would have seen, Joseph only took 1 injury time during a neck wrench that wasn't called. It was the second time though. If you didn't know neck wrenches are illigal. If you know anything about wrestling the Betsy guy one is pretty good and two wrestled a smart match which can get you wins over better wreslters. So him not deserving best wrestler is completely idiotic when he beat two state finalist before he made the finals as a 4 seed.

I didn't see the Grundy match but from what I hear, Begley was about to be stacked and called for, and was granted, injury or blood time. This is probably what is being referred to as the Grundy wrestler being robbed. Begley is obviously a very good wrestler but it seems that he takes injury or blood time every match that goes beyond the 1st period. He's actually become quite notorious for it. That's a shame because now everyone is focused on that instead of his wrestling.

As for the OW award, seems like a stretch to me. Just from the stats given by gold, even if no one else was considered, he was second to the wrestler he tied with. And this is obviously not the kids fault, he did his job and won the match, but it certainly makes the tournament director look biased. His wrestler slips through 3 matches by a point, especially after all the questionable rest periods, I mean blood time, and wins the OW. Sorry to be that guy, but I'm just stating what many others are thinking and are too polite to write.

I didn't that know that a wrestler could ask for "blood time". Just saying!

You've never been to a match and see a kid spinning his finger in the air-the apparent universal symbol for injury time? I see it way too often, one wrestles with busted lip until a moment he is on his back or going to a disadvantaged position and all of a sudden that busted lip is critical and up goes the finger asking for the TO! Or even better pull your own nose plug and up goes the finger...just sayin