Are Farragut & Hardin Valley the two best teams in TN for 2015?

SwingForTheFence

Farragut has 3 big time D1 commits in Raby (Vandy) Fullington (UNC) & Pence (UT) along with 2-3 other commits/ signees & HVA has 2 big pitcher prospects in Neely (UT) & Thompson (uncommitted) alING with 2-3 other commits/ signees.

There are a ton of good players & teams in TN in 2015. Maybe one of the deepest talent pools ever in TN. Siegel, Riverdale, Ravenwood, & Houston all are very loaded. Should be a good year for HS baseball in TN.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they have to be two of the top teams in TN for sure. Did the kid from Farragut sign with someone else besides UNC?? He isn't listed as one of their signees:

NamePositionHt./Wt.Hometown (High School)Cole AkerRHP6-2/185Kernersville, N.C. (NW Guilford)Wyatt CrossC6-3/197Broomfield, Colo. (Legacy)Kyle DatresRHP/INF6-0/180Williamsport, Pa. (Loyalsock Township)Sage DiehmLHP5-11/185Nampa, Idaho (Skyview)Cole GibbsOF6-3/185Tampa, Fla. (Jesuit)Jordan GubelmanRHP6-4/220Sarasota, Fla. (Sarasota)Josh HiattRHP6-0/180Mooresville, N.C. (Providence)Rodney Hutchison Jr.RHP6-5/225Mason, Ohio (Mason)Brendan IlliesC/RHP6-1/195Edgewood, Wash. (Puyallup)Jahmai JonesOF6-0/210Roswell, Ga. (Wesleyan)Utah JonesINF6-0/165Boone, N.C. (Watauga)Josh LadowskiOF5-10/188Mooresville, N.C. (Lake Norman)Desmond LindsayOF/1B6-0/200Brandenton, Fla. (Out-of-Door Academy)Brendon LittleLHP6-2/195Malvern, Pa. (Conestoga)Brandon RileyOF6-1/175Burlington, N.C. (Williams)Cody RobertsC/INF/RHP6-0/195Alpharetta, Ga. (Blessed Trinity)J.T. RogoszewskiRHP6-3/180Scott Depot, W.Va. (Hurricane)Taylor SuggRHP6-0/155Greensboro, N.C. (Southern Guilford)Logan WelchRHP6-2/205Winston-Salem, N.C. (R.J. Reynolds)

I think they have to be two of the top teams in TN for sure. Did the kid from Farragut sign with someone else besides UNC?? He isn't listed as one of their signees:

NamePositionHt./Wt.Hometown (High School)Cole AkerRHP6-2/185Kernersville, N.C. (NW Guilford)Wyatt CrossC6-3/197Broomfield, Colo. (Legacy)Kyle DatresRHP/INF6-0/180Williamsport, Pa. (Loyalsock Township)Sage DiehmLHP5-11/185Nampa, Idaho (Skyview)Cole GibbsOF6-3/185Tampa, Fla. (Jesuit)Jordan GubelmanRHP6-4/220Sarasota, Fla. (Sarasota)Josh HiattRHP6-0/180Mooresville, N.C. (Providence)Rodney Hutchison Jr.RHP6-5/225Mason, Ohio (Mason)Brendan IlliesC/RHP6-1/195Edgewood, Wash. (Puyallup)Jahmai JonesOF6-0/210Roswell, Ga. (Wesleyan)Utah JonesINF6-0/165Boone, N.C. (Watauga)Josh LadowskiOF5-10/188Mooresville, N.C. (Lake Norman)Desmond LindsayOF/1B6-0/200Brandenton, Fla. (Out-of-Door Academy)Brendon LittleLHP6-2/195Malvern, Pa. (Conestoga)Brandon RileyOF6-1/175Burlington, N.C. (Williams)Cody RobertsC/INF/RHP6-0/195Alpharetta, Ga. (Blessed Trinity)J.T. RogoszewskiRHP6-3/180Scott Depot, W.Va. (Hurricane)Taylor SuggRHP6-0/155Greensboro, N.C. (Southern Guilford)Logan WelchRHP6-2/205Winston-Salem, N.C. (R.J. Reynolds)

I spoke with Buckner today & Fullington had to retake a class in the fall & is signing in the spring signing period. I had a cross checker tell me that Fullington had the best swing in the state & one of the best he'd ever seen in HS. He said he is very young physically & hasn't grown into his body yet & is still weak but will be a beast at UNC once he matures.

I spoke with Buckner today & Fullington had to retake a class in the fall & is signing in the spring signing period. I had a cross checker tell me that Fullington had the best swing in the state & one of the best he'd ever seen in HS. He said he is very young physically & hasn't grown into his body yet & is still weak but will be a beast at UNC once he matures.

Retake a class in the Fall? Sounds like a real good student

UNC is not your average school to get accepted into & apparently, he was offered & accepted to SEC schools & other D-1 schools (Miss St. Ole Miss, Auburn, Clemson & others) but just really loves UNC for some reason. I wish the kid all the best this season & in the future.

So, back to the original question of this thread, Are Farragut & HVA possibly the two best teams in TN this year? It seems there is an unusual amount of very high level talent in TN this year.

[quote name="SwingForTheFence" post="3305183" timestamp=

So, back to the original question of this thread, Are Farragut & HVA possibly the two best teams in TN this year? It seems there is an unusual amount of very high level talent in TN this year. I would say yes to Farragut and I don't know about who is next. HV will be very good but how about CAK and Catholic ?? How much did they lose from last year?