7A baseball

UTRok

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember a time either Swanson. Its been an exciting season and tourn no matter who wins. Like has been said several times on here the top three teams are Clay Clarkrange and JC. Games could go either way all season. Good job to all and good luck. JC wanted it more tonight and I think Clarkrange's pitching cost them a lot. I'm surprised as good of a coach as Webb is he didn't make the change sooner. Congrats to JC. Well deserved win

We will see how the pitching goes both teams will throw there number one's. I like Clay's chance they have now beat JC at JC and at CR. I'm dumb founded that the powers at be from Clay agreed to play at JC not the most intelligent of moves. So what softball is there all four teams are the same Clay and JC both games.

We will see how the pitching goes both teams will throw there number one's. I like Clay's chance they have now beat JC at JC and at CR. I'm dumb founded that the powers at be from Clay agreed to play at JC not the most intelligent of moves. So what softball is there all four teams are the same Clay and JC both games.

Unless thing have changed, the teams in the softball district normally rotate from year to year as who gets to host the tournament. In baseball the winner of the district from the previous year gets to host the tournament the next year. Since JC won it last year they get to host the entirety of the tournament and Clay has no choice but to play this game at JC. Like I said unless it changed this is how it normally goes.

If it is as you say then CR won the district last year. Clarkrange was the host of the district tournament and all games have been played at CR through last night. So yes Clay has something to say about it being the higher seed. If the site is changed it should go to the higher seed period. Why the Clay administration would agree to play at JC is way beyond me.

Edited by UTRok

It has changed. The the team that wins the regular season championhip gets to host the district tournament now. Clarkrange has hosted the past two seasons because they won the regular season title. The reason the final game was moved tonight was because since Clarkrang got put out, there was no use of Clay County and Jackson County making the long drive when they are only 20 minutes minutes apart. The reason Clay is not hosting tonight , is because Coach Nelson feels his team plays better on the road and Jackson County's field is in better playing shape. He has all of his top pithers rested and ready, and he feels they can win tonight even if the game was played in a cow pasture. Both, Clay County and Jackson County's coaches do a great job with their kids. All 3 coaches (C.R,J.C.,& C.C) agreed to move the game to either Jackson or Clay Co. Tonight's Championship starts at 6:00 at Jackson County and should be a great game. Clay County has the better pitching and J.C. hits the ball better. Good pithing usually stops good hitting so I am picking Clay Co. in a close one 7 to 5. Good luck to both teams.

I heard a lot of positive comments about this year's tournament at Clarkrange. close parking, good food and cold drinks at the concession stand, clean bathrooms, and the field looked really nice. The new backstop is a nice addition and the outfield wall sets it apart from any field around the area. former players from around the area were commenting on the field and could not believe the transformation that has taken place. 8 to 10 years ago, C.R had an outhouse for bathrooms. Even though they got put out earlier than they had hoped for, basketball is no longer the only sport that matters. The tee ballers and little leagers can now look forward to being a " Baseball Buffalo" someday.

If it is as you say then CR won the district last year. Clarkrange was the host of the district tournament and all games have been played at CR through last night. So yes Clay has something to say about it being the higher seed. If the site is changed it should go to the higher seed period. Why the Clay administration would agree to play at JC is way beyond me.

Jackson County won the district tournament last year which is why I was referring to that.

I am glad it has changed then because that is how it should be. A team should be rewarded for finishing 1st in the regular season other than a #1 seed in the throughout tournament.

It might be a competitive region tournament this year. Goodpasture dropped their first game of the tournament to Watertown and hasn't really dominated the tournament like the private school in 8a normally does.

Edited by swanson71