REGION 4 (4A) THREAD 2015

FridayMainEvent

Tullahoma and Lawrence County drop down to 4A this year and battle four former District 12 teams Giles County, Marshall County, Spring Hill, and Page. 

Oddly enough, every member of this new Region made the Post Season last year.   Spring Hill and Giles County were the only two to reach the second round and none made it to the quarterfinal.

Tullahoma lost some valuable senior leadership and will likely struggle this year.   Same case for Giles County.   I think Marshall County and Spring Hill will be competitive as will Lawrence County.

Thoughts on this region?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This region will be Giles Co's to lose most years.

Not so sure I agree with that.   Tullahoma and Lawrence Co. were both in the 5A playoffs last year.   Marshall County and Spring Hill were both playing great at the end of the season.   Page also made the playoffs, I believe.   I'd say this year is wide open.  Like what Osteen has done at Marshall County.

Not so sure I agree with that.   Tullahoma and Lawrence Co. were both in the 5A playoffs last year.   Marshall County and Spring Hill were both playing great at the end of the season.   Page also made the playoffs, I believe.   I'd say this year is wide open.  Like what Osteen has done at Marshall County.

Yeah, both Tullahoma and Lawrence County made the playoffs, but they didn't play in a very strong district either. This new region they are entering will be tougher than their old district even though it's down a class. Look at who their wins came against, especially Tullahoma. LC had their best team they've had in about 5 years, and still lost to Giles County, who had their worst team in a long time. Marshall County improved a ton last season, so I got to give credit where credit is due. They still managed to go 1-1 vs. Giles County during their down year though, and lost to them when it really mattered the most. Spring Hill lost 4 out of their 5 last games. I'm not sure how you figure they were playing great at the end of the year. Giles County will just have more talent than these teams most years.

When?

Probably will win it 3 out of every 5 years.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Yeah, both Tullahoma and Lawrence County made the playoffs, but they didn't play in a very strong district either. This new region they are entering will be tougher than their old district even though it's down a class. Look at who their wins came against, especially Tullahoma. LC had their best team they've had in about 5 years, and still lost to Giles County, who had their worst team in a long time. Marshall County improved a ton last season, so I got to give credit where credit is due. They still managed to go 1-1 vs. Giles County during their down year though, and lost to them when it really mattered the most. Spring Hill lost 4 out of their 5 last games. I'm not sure how you figure they were playing great at the end of the year. Giles County will just have more talent than these teams most years.

Probably will win it 3 out of every 5 years.

Spring Hill lost a one point game to Columbia, upset Page to get into the playoffs, then beat Lexington in the first round before being totally overmatched against a very good Pearl Cohn team.  They did win 2 of their last three games and almost upset 5A Columbia team.  That is why I said they were playing better.

Spring Hill lost a one point game to Columbia, upset Page to get into the playoffs, then beat Lexington in the first round before being totally overmatched against a very good Pearl Cohn team. They did win 2 of their last three games and almost upset 5A Columbia team. That is why I said they were playing better.

Beating Lexington last year didn't say much. They were not a very good team.

Beating Lexington last year didn't say much. They were not a very good team.

I understand that.  I think you fellas need to look at where Spring Hill was before Turchetta took the team.  They were playing much better football last year comparable to previous years.  I never said they are headed to State finals this year.  You folks are reading way too much into a simple statement.   Maybe "playing great" was a reach.  Playing better work for you guys?

Giles County will win the region

How much for a wager? And we will escrow the money before season starts. Ill also take a little action on them not finishing in the top 2 of this region. If you want to live in the past and go off past results I can sure make some of your tax/Christmas money disappear quicker than 4.19 40 yard dash time.