2015 A-AA rankings?

tarp

White House Heritage will be very strong this year. They lost four important seniors last year but should have plenty of offensive firepower back. I just want to get CPA away from their itty bitty home (football) field. Its a joke how small the field is. You would figure that they have enough money to bult a proper soccer pitch, but then again a small field works to their advantage. Go Patriots!

If I recall correctly, CPA won state at the stadium field at Siegel... A "large" field... Great teams can play on big fields, small fields, wet fields, dry fields, the south lawn of the White House (which would be a heck of a name for your field... You're welcome) or a cow pasture. CPA is a GREAT team. The middle school team had a GREAT season. The pipeline is strong for the Lions. CPA and then everyone else this year, and as BigG gets the program going, there's nothing that anyone else will be able to do. 6 state titles in 7 years with a runner up finish after the 5th straight is what he's done previously... You can't teach the gift that he has. CPA Lions - 2015 Champs

Hey Slaughter, we get it, you think CPA is “GREAT†and TSSAA might as well go ahead and give them the trophy. However, I am pretty sure there are a lot of people that would like to discuss the other A-AA teams as the season progresses. So maybe you should start a different thread to talk about how AWESOME CPA is, and then the teams they beat can come on that thread and agree with you.

Also, anybody that follows A-AA soccer is well aware of BigG's tremendous success as a soccer coach, so you can give that a rest as well.

The Irish will go ahead and show up and play CPA tomorrow anyway (assuming there is a field to play on). Quite frankly ND is not ready for primetime, as they are still trying to figure out where to stick everybody to be the most effective. It is going to take a while, but I think they will get there before they play the games that really matter. Maybe, if they try really hard, they can even work their way up to being worthy to play CPA in the State tournament.

Hey Slaughter, we get it, you think CPA is “GREAT†and TSSAA might as well go ahead and give them the trophy. However, I am pretty sure there are a lot of people that would like to discuss the other A-AA teams as the season progresses. So maybe you should start a different thread to talk about how AWESOME CPA is, and then the teams they beat can come on that thread and agree with you.

Also, anybody that follows A-AA soccer is well aware of BigG's tremendous success as a soccer coach, so you can give that a rest as well.

The Irish will go ahead and show up and play CPA tomorrow anyway (assuming there is a field to play on). Quite frankly ND is not ready for primetime, as they are still trying to figure out where to stick everybody to be the most effective. It is going to take a while, but I think they will get there before they play the games that really matter. Maybe, if they try really hard, they can even work their way up to being worthy to play CPA in the State tournament.

Seriously? I made 2 posts about CPA... Could you possibly be anymore sensitive?

Come on now, you know that wasn't his intent.  He is just proud of the program that has developed here.  He was not belittling anyone.  Let fans support their schools.  

Notre Dame also has a proud soccer tradition and there are many CoachT ND friends here on the boards, as well.  All teams ebb and flow from year to year.  I have full confidence that ND will rise to the challenge.

I can tell you that we are preparing to play a difficult match tomorrow, for sure.  I'm just glad that coach Blair and Baylor have allowed the tournament to go on.  

There is a lot of soccer yet to be played.  

Come on now, you know that wasn't his intent.  He is just proud of the program that has developed here.  He was not belittling anyone.  Let fans support their schools.  

Notre Dame also has a proud soccer tradition and there are many CoachT ND friends here on the boards, as well.  All teams ebb and flow from year to year.  I have full confidence that ND will rise to the challenge.

I can tell you that we are preparing to play a difficult match tomorrow, for sure.  I'm just glad that coach Blair and Baylor have allowed the tournament to go on.  

There is a lot of soccer yet to be played.  

I thought slaughter made it very clear with his first post that he thought CPA was the best team in the State.  Which is fine since the topic is A-AA rankings.

I have no idea what the "intent" of his second post was, but to me it came off as an over-the-top rebuke of another poster that brought nothing new to the discussion.  Especially considering most teams are only one game into the season.

It reminded me of being on a football message board, where so many fans get on there to talk smack about how nobody can hang with their team, and there is very little objective discussion about the games.  I would just rather not see the soccer boards become that.

White House Heritage will be very strong this year.  They lost four important seniors last year but should have plenty of offensive firepower back.  I just want to get CPA away from their itty bitty home (football) field.  Its a joke how small the field is.  You would figure that they have enough money to bult a proper soccer pitch, but then again a small field works to their advantage.  Go Patriots!

a small field is a disadvantage to the CPA team. 

A small field Should be an advantage to the ND team. Through no fault of their own, they're landlocked and play on a postage stamp sized field. But by HS, all of everyone's players should have Big Field experience.

Thanks to Baylor for still hosting this weekend! They killed my SM Eagles last night scoring early and often and despite all the weather, their big field was in great shape. Baylor has a strong team that's 15 deep. Hard to judge in such an ####-whupping like we took last night, but they'll be a DII force.

I thought slaughter made it very clear with his first post that he thought CPA was the best team in the State.  Which is fine since the topic is A-AA rankings.

I have no idea what the "intent" of his second post was, but to me it came off as an over-the-top rebuke of another poster that brought nothing new to the discussion.  Especially considering most teams are only one game into the season.

It reminded me of being on a football message board, where so many fans get on there to talk smack about how nobody can hang with their team, and there is very little objective discussion about the games.  I would just rather not see the soccer boards become that.

I'd rather the soccer boards become something rather than nothing. Past few years there has been nothing to talk about on here. Bring on some trash talk that's right up my ally.  :popcorneater:

I'd rather the soccer boards become something rather than nothing. Past few years there has been nothing to talk about on here. Bring on some trash talk that's right up my ally.  :popcorneater:

Especially because I have beaten you every year on the tournament challenge.

CPA played a young ND tonight, anyone know result?

CPA won 1-0.  It was a good game.  Possession was probably 70-30 in CPA's favor, and CPA had quite a few shots go wide or high, but I don't remember the ND keeper having to make any saves (but I could easily be wrong on that).  ND had limited chances to score and sacrificed possession for the long ball a little too often, especially late in the game.

It was one of those games that could have ended up being a 4-0 CPA win if shots were just a few feet to the left or right, or it could have also ended up 0-0, because the one goal wasn't anything special, and probably could have been prevented.   The ND team probably feels pretty good about the game, because they played sooooo much better than they did against Bearden, and progress is pretty darn important right now.

CPA won 1-0.  It was a good game.  Possession was probably 70-30 in CPA's favor, and CPA had quite a few shots go wide or high, but I don't remember the ND keeper having to make any saves (but I could easily be wrong on that).  ND had limited chances to score and sacrificed possession for the long ball a little too often, especially late in the game.

It was one of those games that could have ended up being a 4-0 CPA win if shots were just a few feet to the left or right, or it could have also ended up 0-0, because the one goal wasn't anything special, and probably could have been prevented.   The ND team probably feels pretty good about the game, because they played sooooo much better than they did against Bearden, and progress is pretty darn important right now.

Very fair assessment.  Well stated.

Your number 17 is one talented player.  He was a joy to watch.