Miss Basketball Nominations

FridayMainEvent

well, if you're going off of what school they are signed with, then these two win. But if you're going off of stats, Meme has had nowhere near the outstanding season that everyone expected. She's a good player, no doubt. However to keep things in perspective, her stat line isn't all that great. She is only averaging like 10-12 a game...

Aren't they really balanced anyway though? Averaging that on a nationally recognized team in which she probably doesn't play the fourth quarter in most games isn't that bad.

Callie Hackett... 24.4 ppg...5.2 assists...3.5 steals....for 8AA Smith County. She is the best player in 8AA...and certainly the most valuable player. Those stats are misleading because she didn't play much in several blowouts. Her highest point games were against Dickson County...Mt. Juliet & White County...all ranked in top 10 in AAA. Her career point total will end at 2572 points. She is a very good defender also. She signed with Mercer university.

Agreed. She has carried her team.

I'm going to stick with what i know for sure, and give you the facts but i intend to update my post later with more recent information.

Class A

My nomination for Class A would be 5' 11'' Junior Kassidy Allen from Jackson County High. When you look at a Miss Basketball finalist, you shouldn't only look at what they themselves have achieved (though that is very important), but you look at what they've done to advance their team. I looked back at info. i had found in articles and her achievements are plentiful.

-Upper Cumberland Freshman of the Year

-District 7a All Tournament Team x2

-Region 4a All Tournament Team

-Class A All State Team x2

-Upper Cumberland honorable mention and Upper Cumberland all second team

-District 7a all first and third teams 

As a team she has helped the Lady Devils to 

2 District Championships in 7a

1 Region Championship

1 Class A State Championship

1 Class A State Runner-up

She has started her entire high school career and at the very least deserves a nomination. She has, in my opinion did what her team needed of her, being a truly unselfish player. When Flynn got her due to an ACL, Allen stepped up as a PG, Sacrificing the ability to be a big scorer, instead leaving that to Coe. She has played for the biggest powerhouse program in Single A, alongside such players as Brooklyn Apple (Lipscomb), Makenzie Hensley (VA-Wise) and of course, two time Miss Basketball Winner, Jaycee Coe (UK). My guess is that her stats aren't as impressive as those of some other players because it's harder to average a ton of stats when everyone on your team is capable of what Jackson County is historically capable of. Her defensive skills are often over looked, steals and blocked shots aren't documented sometimes.

I'm going to stick with what i know for sure, and give you the facts but i intend to update my post later with more recent information.

Class A

My nomination for Class A would be 5' 11'' Junior Kassidy Allen from Jackson County High. When you look at a Miss Basketball finalist, you shouldn't only look at what they themselves have achieved (though that is very important), but you look at what they've done to advance their team. I looked back at info. i had found in articles and her achievements are plentiful.

-Upper Cumberland Freshman of the Year

-District 7a All Tournament Team x2

-Region 4a All Tournament Team

-Class A All State Team x2

-Upper Cumberland honorable mention and Upper Cumberland all second team

-District 7a all first and third teams 

As a team she has helped the Lady Devils to 

2 District Championships in 7a

1 Region Championship

1 Class A State Championship

1 Class A State Runner-up

She has started her entire high school career and at the very least deserves a nomination. She has, in my opinion did what her team needed of her, being a truly unselfish player. When Flynn got her due to an ACL, Allen stepped up as a PG, Sacrificing the ability to be a big scorer, instead leaving that to Coe. She has played for the biggest powerhouse program in Single A, alongside such players as Brooklyn Apple (Lipscomb), Makenzie Hensley (VA-Wise) and of course, two time Miss Basketball Winner, Jaycee Coe (UK). My guess is that her stats aren't as impressive as those of some other players because it's harder to average a ton of stats when everyone on your team is capable of what Jackson County is historically capable of. 

She is averaging 14.4 PPG and 6.8 Rebounds PG.

She is averaging 14.4 PPG and 6.8 Rebounds PG.

Thanks Jimbo44. was that last year or this year?

I've seen girls that average more than what Allen averages but when you take into account that she plays in

1) the hands-down toughest single A district in the state and

2) She plays on arguably the best Single A school, historically speaking and finally,

3) she played alongside notable JC Alumni

they really are impressive numbers!

I was talking to a good friend a few days ago about standouts, and he mentioned that its easier for a good player to rack up stats if they play in a weak district or on a weak team, where the only "play" is for the team to pass the ball to that person. I reiterate what i wrote earlier when i said that for her to play on such a good team and make the dents she has made as an underclassman is something else!

Thanks Jimbo44. was that last year or this year?

I've seen girls that average more than what Allen averages but when you take into account that she plays in

1) the hands-down toughest single A district in the state and

2) She plays on arguably the best Single A school, historically speaking and finally,

3) she played alongside notable JC Alumni

they really are impressive numbers!

I was talking to a good friend a few days ago about standouts, and he mentioned that its easier for a good player to rack up stats if they play in a weak district or on a weak team, where the only "play" is for the team to pass the ball to that person. I reiterate what i wrote earlier when i said that for her to play on such a good team and make the dents she has made as an underclassman is something else!

Only this year.

Gcpioneer not just going off who they have signed with have seen both Dangerfield and Jackson up close and personal last two years. Yeah neither are averaging huge numbers but they don't have to as they have a starting 5 full of div 1 talent. With the supporting cast they are not required to be 20 pt. Plus scorers. All I will say is if there are better players in TN then I would like to see them. And yeah you could use who they signing with if you want it is not like TN and UConn sign just any player!!