Cannon-livingston

Jar2h

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this is his sixth year.

Is he a local guy or what? Was this his first head coaching job? If not, where was he at before? With some quick research it appears Coach Rigsby has gone 111-78 at CC during his 6 years on the job so far. Assuming you're correct about this being his 6th year, he became head coach for the 09-10 season. He has 4 region appearances, and 1 AA sectional appearance thus far. I feel pretty confident in saying he will get CC back to a sectional game at the very minimum this year. Considering yall had 6 straight losing seasons, and the overall state of the program before he was hired, he has done a really good job. These past two seasons have been outstanding for the Lions. If he coaches CC to the state tournament this year, he will forever be a legend in Woodbury. I'm curious if 8aa has their next great coach in Rigsby. I will look forward to seeing if he can maintain a high level of success or not. Do you believe these past two years is due to CC having a bigger amount and higher level of talent than usual? Or do you believe the talent is about like it usually is, and it's all from the system he has in place and his coaching abilities?

Is he a local guy or what? Was this his first head coaching job? If not, where was he at before? With some quick research it appears Coach Rigsby has gone 111-78 at CC during his 6 years on the job so far. Assuming you're correct about this being his 6th year, he became head coach for the 09-10 season. He has 4 region appearances, and 1 AA sectional appearance thus far. I feel pretty confident in saying he will get CC back to a sectional game at the very minimum this year. Considering yall had 6 straight losing seasons, and the overall state of the program before he was hired, he has done a really good job. These past two seasons have been outstanding for the Lions. If he coaches CC to the state tournament this year, he will forever be a legend in Woodbury. I'm curious if 8aa has their next great coach in Rigsby. I will look forward to seeing if he can maintain a high level of success or not. Do you believe these past two years is due to CC having a bigger amount and higher level of talent than usual? Or do you believe the talent is about like it usually is, and it's all from the system he has in place and his coaching abilities?

Rigsby is a local guy, and this was his first head coaching job. He played at cannon and is still relatively young, early 30s. He puts a lot of time in the younger players throughout the year with several AAU teams and also runs the youth basketball league for CC. Prior to him, Cannon went through a few coaches that...let's just say didn't fit in with the small town atmosphere (not mentioning the name of a coach that is now an assistant at an AA school that can legally recruit players from other schools). The players seem to have caught on to Rigsby's drive and also put in a lot of extra work. Cannon has always been a basketball school. I think the program just needed someone who cared long term and not just about using Cannon as a stepping stone to get somewhere else, IMO.

Rigsby is a local guy, and this was his first head coaching job. He played at cannon and is still relatively young, early 30s. He puts a lot of time in the younger players throughout the year with several AAU teams and also runs the youth basketball league for CC. Prior to him, Cannon went through a few coaches that...let's just say didn't fit in with the small town atmosphere (not mentioning the name of a coach that is now an assistant at an AA school that can legally recruit players from other schools). The players seem to have caught on to Rigsby's drive and also put in a lot of extra work. Cannon has always been a basketball school. I think the program just needed someone who cared long term and not just about using Cannon as a stepping stone to get somewhere else, IMO.

Rigsby is the best coach to come through in a long time. His best is yet to come. This community is lucky. That's all I'm saying.

Thanks for all the solid info. It appears yall have yourselves a good young coach.