2015 Riverdale football schedule

davidlimbaugh

A couple things you have to realize is that the high schools I. Murfreesboro don't have one middle school feeder program. It's going to be virtually impossible for a high school coach to go to separate middle schools and convince them all to to build their programs to cater to his. They are competing against each other and are gameplay nine and scheming based on their own personnel. Most of the middle schools don't have the weight training facilities and don't have the kids in the program long enough to really train them

Well your not exactly right. Oakland has Oakland Middle, siegel Has siegel Middle,Blackman has Blackman Middle and Smyrna has Smyrna Middle, all of which feed their high schools with similar scheems and programs but when it comes to Riverdale, Christiana and Buchanan split their students to other schools besides Riverdale, It didnt use to be that way. I can remember when Christina fed all thier students to Riverdale and the football program there was the same scheem the high school played. The coaches used to attend the practices and participate in player development from 6th grade up. Now the coaches from Christiana and Buchanan do their own thing and dont even care about the high school program. It all goes back to coaching and the dedication of the coach and staff. I can tell you this, after supporting this program for 20 years were not getting the caliber of dedication and development from our current staff than we have in days past...the results speak for themself...

Edited by warrior82dad

Old dad the Antioch you grew up in is clearly not the same. I guess I should have asked if you had more recently been to any games. Pretty sure coach a is also an Antioch grad. Like highlife said Hillsboro did beat Maryville. And it's easy to see why there are a few good schools.... Athletes. Just because you have 1700 kids in the building doesn't mean you can find 100 FOOTBALL players. Times have changed. I can't tell you how many kids just want to focus on basketball, baseball, track, soccer, wrestling, etc. Itiss becoming a problem for all urban schools. You have a hard time finding multiple sport athletes now. Just my thoughts. How was the clone.

I'll agree that it's hard to be really encouraged right now...but let's let the season get started and see how the team does when the lights come on.

They have a chance to be pretty good on defense and aren't too far away.

They have a chance to be pretty good on offense but are quite a bit away from putting things together.

Special teams just don't look very good.

Team could be anywhere from 4-6 to 8-2.  Most likely a first or second round playoff exit. That said, the players are there to be better than that.  Hopefully they can put it together and improve as the year goes on.

I'll agree that it's hard to be really encouraged right now...but let's let the season get started and see how the team does when the lights come on.

They have a chance to be pretty good on defense and aren't too far away.

They have a chance to be pretty good on offense but are quite a bit away from putting things together.

Special teams just don't look very good.

Team could be anywhere from 4-6 to 8-2.  Most likely a first or second round playoff exit. That said, the players are there to be better than that.  Hopefully they can put it together and improve as the year goes on.

hopefully, they have a great yr. Is Kelly Holcomb helping with the new qb?

What exactly do you call Christiana Middle?  Yet ANOTHER EXCUSE!  This goes back to Coaching in that the High School can't be bothered to talk to them.

Riverdale Dad, I wasn't blaming the kids.  What I was pointing out is yet another example of the COACHING failing the kids.  Also have a question for you.  Just how many complete lines does the current team have?  The 2005 team had 6 complete O-lines and 4 separate D-lines.  Add to this a weight program that had the kids REALLY lifting ALL YEAR.  Even during Christmas break at a outside gym that the COACHING STAFF saw to being available for this purpose.  This provided kids that were stronger man for man that ANY team they came up against.  Kids didn't have to play both ways so they weren't sucking wind hard in the late FIRST Quarter.  What I have seen is kids who are NOT ready to play Varsity.  This is a COACHING FAULT.

Oh, Riverdale Dad as to not knowing anything about football, does being offered a full ride by Bear Bryant and eventually playing PROFESSIONAL football count?

I am sorry folks but if I hurt the feelings of the current coaching staff,..........GOOD!  Maybe it will get them out of the offices and doing their JOB!

This is going to be another year of a head Coach who cannot handle more than 60 players, TOPS, and being satisfied with duplicating 'Metro Ball'!

NOW we shall hear from the defenders of poor Coach A and mediocre Metro Ball. 

I have no ties to Riverdale whatsoever and have no reason to make an excuse for them. yes Christiana is the primary feeder into Riverdale but Riverdale also gets kids from Rockvale and Whitworth-Buchanan. I can see that being difficult for any high school coach to get three middle school coaches who are competing against each other to run his specific system. Thats all im saying

Christiana feeds to R'dale ONLY.  Don't know if the other two schools you mentioned even play football, but I do not 'think' so.

Main thing is Coach A looks at his Freshman team as being his prime players some years, instead of them being the basis for future teams.  This is what is known as planning AHEAD.  His style seems to be panic by panic with 5 minutes ahead being a luxury.

I have absolutely no dog in the fight, but I can say without hesitation Riverdale could do alot worse than Ron Aydelott as a head coach.  Certain people constantly bash the guy on here and again, no dog in the fight, just don't understand it.   His only losses last season were to Oakland and Blackman who anyone that knows anything at all about high school football had both those teams squarely in the Top five in the State all season.   If you look at Riverdales record since Aydelott got there, 82-29 or 74% win rate in what most feel is the toughest region in the State.    Blackman is 70-36 with a 66% win rate.   Oakland is 75-33 with a 69% win rate.  Siegel and Smryna are worse.

I don't claim to be very smart, and I'm not kin to Coach Aydelott, but it seams to me alot of this consistent criticism is unwarranted.  Opinions?.

I have absolutely no dog in the fight, but I can say without hesitation Riverdale could do alot worse than Ron Aydelott as a head coach. Certain people constantly bash the guy on here and again, no dog in the fight, just don't understand it. His only losses last season were to Oakland and Blackman who anyone that knows anything at all about high school football had both those teams squarely in the Top five in the State all season. If you look at Riverdales record since Aydelott got there, 82-29 or 74% win rate in what most feel is the toughest region in the State. Blackman is 70-36 with a 66% win rate. Oakland is 75-33 with a 69% win rate. Siegel and Smryna are worse.

I don't claim to be very smart, and I'm not kin to Coach Aydelott, but it seams to me alot of this consistent criticism is unwarranted. Opinions?.

I think it has to do with post season play compared to Rankin's record of the same. Plus wingT....

I think it has to do with post season play compared to Rankin's record of the same. Plus wingT....

That's apples to oranges in my opinion.  Got Siegel, Blackman, and Stewart's Creek splitting up talent now.   Tough to make those runs Coach Rankin made now.  Tough for anybody to do it.   Yeah, Blackman and Oakland have been the best two over the past two seasons.  Siegel prior to that with Stockstill.   It goes in cycles.   Offense had some new wrinkles last season.   It just don't think that's a fair comparison.  Rankin was/is a legend in High School football hard to hold anyone to those standards.

My friend LOD does not like the way the program, strength program, etc is conducted.  and the direction of the program. I like Coach A and thinks he is a good coach. I have known him for a long time. I do not come on here and make many opinions on the coach or program.

LOD is my Coach T friend. I respect him, but my opinions and thoughts are different. I won't slam LOD. He is a good man who has served our country and helped a lot of folks. Hope his health improves and I send prayers for the Clone