2015 Riverdale football schedule

davidlimbaugh

Here is the big difference in simple terms. Rankin knew the players names from 7th grade on up and participated in their development from year to year. Coach A has to tape players names on their helmets until their seniors....Its the level or should I say lack of level of development that has caused the downward spiral of the program, not rezoning or the lack of students or facilities. I seen it first hand. Three sons over the years with 2 state championships and its been a consistent downward spiral since...

You'd be surprised at how many Coaches I speak to who mention numbers instead of names.  Granted upperclassmen should of been in the program long enough to be remembered.    There may be alot to what your saying.  I'm not "in the know" enough to agree or disagree.  I was only basing my opinion on results.   I think Blackman will slide back a bit this season.  I still like Oakland to win the region because even though they lost alot, still have a ton of talent....and I really believe Creasy is gonna be a superb Coach at the 6A level.   This season will reveal alot if what you guys are saying is true.  Region 2 is more wide open this year than it's been in the past 3 or 4 years.

You'd be surprised at how many Coaches I speak to who mention numbers instead of names. Granted upperclassmen should of been in the program long enough to be remembered. There may be alot to what your saying. I'm not "in the know" enough to agree or disagree. I was only basing my opinion on results. I think Blackman will slide back a bit this season. I still like Oakland to win the region because even though they lost alot, still have a ton of talent....and I really believe Creasy is gonna be a superb Coach at the 6A level. This season will reveal alot if what you guys are saying is true. Region 2 is more wide open this year than it's been in the past 3 or 4 years.

Agree 100%.

Christiana feeds to R'dale ONLY.  Don't know if the other two schools you mentioned even play football, but I do not 'think' so.

Main thing is Coach A looks at his Freshman team as being his prime players some years, instead of them being the basis for future teams.  This is what is known as planning AHEAD.  His style seems to be panic by panic with 5 minutes ahead being a luxury.

Not only do both of those two schools play football but they both have won a county championship. Something Christiana has never done in it's existence. Rockvale feeds into Riverdale Blackman and Eagleville. Whitworth-Buchanan feeds into RIverdale and SIegel. Also Christiana does not feed into Riverdale only. Christiana has kids at Oakland also

Edited by icecold06

Not only do both of those two schools play football but they both have won a county championship. Something Christiana has never done in it's existence. Rockvale feeds into Riverdale Blackman and Eagleville. Whitworth-Buchanan feeds into RIverdale and SIegel. Also Christiana does not feed into Riverdale only. Christiana has kids at Oakland also

Well, they don't call him Accurate Old Dad! I think the world of LOD, but sometimes he gets stuck. :popcorneater:

Wow, Wingman.  Longest post I've seen by you.  I failed to see where I was "slamming" anyone.  Only defending a guy based on his record.   I respect anyone who served in the military for this fine country.  Just not a fan of bashing anyone on a public forum, but hey, that's me.  No law against it.

my post had nothing to do with anything post of yours. It was in general of LOD getting negative comments. LOD can take care of himself. I don't agree with him, I respect his opinion. I do like Coach A.

Edited by wingman10

After watching practice the past two night they have been working hard on the passing game with quick slants and rolls outs. I think this is in direct relationship to the lack of size and strength on the O line. Watched the O line work outs and they look very sluggish. The defense looks good with some improvement this week in the secondary. This D squad could become good with a little more work and stability. The special teams are a major concern. They dont have anyone who can kick off deeper that the 30 and they seem to giving up a lot of yardage on kickoffs. They have got to find someone to kick it deep. PAT's arent a problem but any field goal outside the 25 will be an adventure..

Build it and they will come ... Kids want to play for a winner . Coach Quarles has won over and over against teams that have more Talent . The bar is set very high for the Maryville kids every year and you have kids with Average Talent becoming much more than they were through hard work .... because they don't want to be the ones who can not live up to all the hard work and success done before them . LOD wants the Riverdale team , Coaches , and Fans to have High Expectations ... I really don't have a problem with that .... Riverdaledad ... I understand that these are young Kids we're talking about , but babying them and worrying about them having pressure to succeed will only hurt them as they go on in Life . 

If Riverdale started having success again the kids in that area would find a way to play there ... Success breeds success , and parents and kids both want to be somewhere Special . I'm not calling for Coach Aydelott's head .... but I do understand the Riverdale Fans wanting more .... Riverdale is too special of a place to just accept being average ... if this year's team shows improvement , Coach Aydelott should be supported , but to just Blindly follow and Support a Coach at a place like Riverdale is foolish ...

Maryville , Alcoa , MBA , BA , Oak Ridge , Trousdale Co. , Ensworth , Fulton ,  Kingsport DB , and yes , RIVERDALE ... are different from other teams in our State ... Fans from other teams that have had no success have no business on here trying to tell a team like Riverdale what they should do or think . 

Edited by pepvol

Build it and they will come ... Kids want to play for a winner . Coach Quarles has won over and over against teams that have more Talent . The bar is set very high for the Maryville kids every year and you have kids with Average Talent becoming much more than they were through hard work .... because they don't want to be the ones who can not live up to all the hard work and success done before them . LOD wants the Riverdale team , Coaches , and Fans to have High Expectations ... I really don't have a problem with that .... Riverdaledad ... I understand that these are young Kids we're talking about , but babying them and worrying about them having pressure to succeed will only hurt them as they go on in Life . 

If Riverdale started having success again the kids in that area would find a way to play there ... Success breeds success , and parents and kids both want to be somewhere Special . I'm not calling for Coach Aydelott's head .... but I do understand the Riverdale Fans wanting more .... Riverdale is too special of a place to just accept being average ... if this year's team shows improvement , Coach Aydelott should be supported , but to just Blindly follow and Support a Coach at a place like Riverdale is foolish ...

Maryville , Alcoa , MBA , BA , Oak Ridge , Trousdale Co. , Ensworth , Fulton ,  Kingsport DB , and yes , RIVERDALE ... are different from other teams in our State ... Fans from other teams that have had no success have no business on here trying to tell a team like Riverdale what they should do or think . 

I agree with everything in that post.

"There is nothing wrong with high expectations" said coach Gene Stallings.

Edited by TDCman