East TN AA Sectional @ PFMS

TheQuestion9

• 11 months later...

What are the favorites this year in AA?  Anyone think Holston will repeat?  I've heard they still have several starters back from last years team.  Also think PF and New Center returned strong teams?  Would love any information on what to look for going into this tournament  Not sure who all the top teams are around Roane Co.....looks like Oneida and Huntsville girls are the best in the other area....Huntsville reached the title game a year ago.

Kaz

• 2 weeks later...

What are the favorites this year in AA? Anyone think Holston will repeat? I've heard they still have several starters back from last years team. Also think PF and New Center returned strong teams? Would love any information on what to look for going into this tournament Not sure who all the top teams are around Roane Co.....looks like Oneida and Huntsville girls are the best in the other area....Huntsville reached the title game a year ago.

Kaz

Holston's defense is just as good, but I believe their offense has slowed down just a tad. Just my .02 worth.

• 2 weeks later...

Holston was clearly the class of this tournament.  Wartburg had nothing left in the tank by the finals.....Oneida made them expend all their energy in the semis and they were running on fumes.  That semi-final game between Oneida-Wartburg is going to be going right into HS over the next several years.  Oliver Springs is in that district as well.  I think for such a big tournament, the officiating was sub par in a lot of instances.  Lots of questionable calls and the fans let them have it when they made obvious errors.  At any rate it is a tough job, but they could have been somewhat better and I am talking about both girls and boys games.  Of course there is no solution to that, it is just my visual opinion and by some of the crowds reactions I'm not too far off on that assessment.  What HS will those kids from Holston be entering?  If they stay together they will eventually make a very good HS team.  Great tournament hosts again....wonder if they are considering a bigger facility (say the HS), since the gym was spilling over by the semi's?

Kaz