Shadowens resigns.......

HSFBLLRKS

Lots of people are making really ignorant assumptions about this situation. Does anyone really think that a simple disagreement of philosophy would lead a new principle in Rutherford County to axe a very popular and successful coach all on her own? Surely she understands just how important football is in Rutherford county right? A power hungry woman? The school board is involved and has made this decision. It wasnt about simply philosophy and It appears that last season was the last season that Shadowens will coach in a Rutherford County public school. Those who are passing around petitions and having meetings and calling for blood are making ####es of themselves.

I really think people are smart enough to know that there is more to it than philosophies, but know one wants to say anything, that info is top secret. However, there doesn't seem to ever be an issue when a teacher gets a DUI, that info goes all over. By them not wanting to say anything just makes them look suspicious. From my understanding, with the exception of the principal and the booster club president, everyone else is onboard, maybe those two are in cahoots and are trying to cover something. But then there I go making an assumption and I guess making an arse out of myself. Not the first and won't be the last. Until someone tells the people something, they are only left to their assumptions. Maybe since you appear to know it all maybe you can enlighten everyone.

Edited by Frags

So what was said at the big meeting last night?  I know several of Coach Shad's supporters had a meeting organized.  Anyone attend?

Well, it wasn't good. I hate it for the kids and the program. I do respect the Booster President for standing up. I feel like I'm watching a tennis match and my neck is starting to hurt! The bottom line is if the school board recommended dismissal it does not look good regardless of whats said by either party.  :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

Coach Shadowens is a class act. The fact that Rutherford County has now lost Mcdaniel and Shadowens makes me believe that Murfreesboro wants to move from Athletic success and put more money into other areas. What I do know is Shadowens is a class act and they have lost a good man who does things the right way. A lot more of those kids in that building will respond to a HC than to a Principal. I think Oakland would be stupid not to hire him, and I also think Signal Mountain would be a good option for him. Good luck to the Coach and the Blaze football supporters. 

Well, it wasn't good. I hate it for the kids and the program. I do respect the Booster President for standing up. I feel like I'm watching a tennis match and my neck is starting to hurt! The bottom line is if the school board recommended dismissal it does not look good regardless of whats said by either party. :popcorneater:

The booster president is full of crap! He's taking his cues from the principal and basically stated as much in the meeting by asking her what he could say in the meeting. He is playing this all to preserve his wifes job as a teacher there. I understand that but he'd be best to just shut his mouth and watch, because everyone knows he's either lying or saying something the principal wants him to say. He also failed to say that the booster club was cleared in the investigation. Also, an interesting tidbit, it appears as though this principal was hired by the Director of Schools (Odom) even after there was a unanimous School Board vote for the Assistant Principal to be put into that position. Kinda makes you go hmmm.

The booster president is full of crap! He's taking his cues from the principal and basically stated as much in the meeting by asking her what he could say in the meeting. He is playing this all to preserve his wifes job as a teacher there. I understand that but he'd be best to just shut his mouth and watch, because everyone knows he's either lying or saying something the principal wants him to say. He also failed to say that the booster club was cleared in the investigation. Also, an interesting tidbit, it appears as though this principal was hired by the Director of Schools (Odom) even after there was a unanimous School Board vote for the Assistant Principal to be put into that position. Kinda makes you go hmmm.

While the Booster President was not asked to resign by the School Board, my understanding is that he did in fact resign the post. I have known WA for 8 years and have NEVER doubted his integrity (nor have I doubted Shads). It is unfortunate that we are having this discussion, but I think we should refrain from making too many accusations either way. People are entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts. The truth will flush itself out, it's like the fella said last night "the people deserve to know the whole story" and eventually that will happen. Shad says he will coach in the county again and if he is cleared to do so I think you will have your answer. If not, you will have your answer. More than anything I hate this for the school, the players and the county.

Today is yet another Black Friday for Blackman High School! :popcorneater: