Shadowens resigns.......

HSFBLLRKS

This qualifies as unbelievable?

FB -  Blackman High School (Murfreesboro, TN) is seeking applicants for the position of Head Football Coach. Successful high school head football coaching experience is preferred. Teaching position is flexible. All applicants must submit a Coaching Portfolio with resume, teaching information (must have or can get valid TN teaching license), and football program plan covering all aspects of a successful high school football program. This can be submitted electronically in one document or via hard copy mailed to Leisa Justus, Principal: justusl@rcschools.net or BHS; 3956 Blaze Drive; Murfreesboro, TN 37128. Deadline for application is Monday, March 9th. (02/20/2015)

While the Booster President was not asked to resign by the School Board, my understanding is that he did in fact resign the post. I have known WA for 8 years and have NEVER doubted his integrity (nor have I doubted Shads). It is unfortunate that we are having this discussion, but I think we should refrain from making too many accusations either way. People are entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts. The truth will flush itself out, it's like the fella said last night "the people deserve to know the whole story" and eventually that will happen. Shad says he will coach in the county again and if he is cleared to do so I think you will have your answer. If not, you will have your answer. More than anything I hate this for the school, the players and the county.

Today is yet another Black Friday for Blackman High School! :popcorneater:

Someone had mentioned previously that they thought the booster club president was working with the principal or was in with her or something like that and WA basically admitted that in the meeting last night when he stated that he asked both Justus and Lawless what to say to everyone. That is fact! He could have just as easily kept quiet, because he didn't help his case

and he was lied to about his contract with MTCS. 

ROTFLMAO!!!  Shadowens left MTCS to take the Blackman job...pure and simple.  He just used that little school and bided his time until Blackman came open.  Anyone who says otherwise is clueless.  MTCS people are probably laughing their heads off right now.

And as far as lying about a so-called "contract", if some sugar daddy donor gives the guy a house to live in, or whatever, and then he reneges, how in the devil is that a lie about a contract, given that the sugar daddy supplying the benefit has no authority to sign a contract?

Do yourself a favor...go back and do some research into the process when Shadowens was initially rejected by the MTCS board.  Big article on the front of the DNJ sports section.  Who was the source being interviewed?  The MTCS president?  No.  School board chair?  No.  School board member?  No.  The HS principal?  No.  The AD?  No.  It was the sugar daddy.  On the front page of the DNJ sports section...sugar daddy being interviewed about the Shadowens hiring process.  MTCS got what they deserved  by chasing after the guy.

A private school may be able to get away with under the table payments to coaches, but public school programs cannot.  Did the Blackman principal know what she was doing?  You bet your #### she did.

Edited by hoponthegusbus

Did anyone see the bulletin board on the TSSAA website? The Blackman HS principal is asking for everything but a coaches life story in this interview process. Unbelievable.

And this is unbelievable because...???  lol!

If you're going to apply for a position working around large numbers of young people, and one that raises vast amounts of cash, and you're also going to be responsible for supervising a coaching staff, you darn well better be prepared for a very thorough proctological exam.  As you should be. 

Coach Shad is a good man an a man of character.He is a friend.

I make that statement for full disclosure.

To say coach Shad had anything to do with booster club funds etc is laughable.How you may ask can I make a statement.I was involved in the Smyrna high school QB club for 10 years and was President for 3 years the last being the 2nd State Championship year.

This was before the new rules when we raised and handled our own money.

All money was raised and counted by 3 members and our bank statement was printed and given to every member to review at every meeting.All money spent was discussed and decided by all members at each meeting.Coach Shad submitted request through the QB club where they were discussed and voted on by members.

Not once during those 3 years did coach Shad attend a meeting and he couldn't have told you if we had 25 dollars or 25 thousand.

He didn't know not because he was clueless but because he wanted to coach football and keep QB club business and finances seperate

I can't imagine any scenario where coach Shad would have any idea about QB club forms etc. That would be the job of the QB club president and members

Somebody will be getting a great coach and coach Shad will be fine.

Everybody knows I am not a big Coach Shad fan.  Like him BETTER than the wingT one we have though.

Don't know the first thing about what is going on at Blackman, but I do hope for the best for Coach Shad.

Between some of the 'rumors' I am hearing though, I have the feeling EVERY sports team in Rutherford County is about to be put under a LARGE microscope.  I am hearing these from where I used to work at.

Everything from getting 'kickbacks' from equipment suppliers to Coaches throwing games.   This applies to EVERY Middle and High School in the County!

The one thing for sure though, is change IS coming.

And this is unbelievable because...???  lol!

If you're going to apply for a position working around large numbers of young people, and one that raises vast amounts of cash, and you're also going to be responsible for supervising a coaching staff, you darn well better be prepared for a very thorough proctological exam.  As you should be. 

As well as a criminal back ground check! This is not unbelievable what so ever! And a drug screen too Lol!!!

Everybody knows I am not a big Coach Shad fan.  Like him BETTER than the wingT one we have though.

Don't know the first thing about what is going on at Blackman, but I do hope for the best for Coach Shad.

Between some of the 'rumors' I am hearing though, I have the feeling EVERY sports team in Rutherford County is about to be put under a LARGE microscope.  I am hearing these from where I used to work at.

Everything from getting 'kickbacks' from equipment suppliers to Coaches throwing games.   This applies to EVERY Middle and High School in the County!

The one thing for sure though, is change IS coming.

Nice to see you posting LOD! Hope you and your family are all doing well!