Shadowens resigns.......

HSFBLLRKS

Not sure how it got to the School Board/Audit. The recommendation to dismiss was a School Board decision. My understanding the Principal delivered the Boards findings and it played out from there. :popcorneater:

Welcome to the age where you can't buy anything without a po#. And if you do it will come out of your own pocket which we all know coaches don't make jack squat.

Was booster money being used for recruiting/incentives?  Any possibility that the TSSAA will eventually be involved?

Absurd! There was no recruiting going on, you have a combination of kids that wanted to play for Shad combined with a great school that has it going on athletically. I think if any booster club got audited they would find misappropriated funds. At the root of the findings as I understand them was missing receipts for checks that were written by the booster club to vendors on behalf of the coach. :popcorneater:

I really like Coach Watson. I told him if he wants it, I hope he gets it. He really did a lot with and for my kids along with the rest of the line play at Blackman. And from what I understand he was pretty good on the field as well! :popcorneater:

I don't think Watson wants to have a 5-5 season on his resume. After looking at who Blackman has graduated and the 2015-2016 schedule it's not going to be easy at all. As of right now I see Riverdale back on top of Rutherford Co.

Absurd! There was no recruiting going on, you have a combination of kids that wanted to play for Shad combined with a great school that has it going on athletically. I think if any booster club got audited they would find misappropriated funds. At the root of the findings as I understand them was missing receipts for checks that were written by the booster club to vendors on behalf of the coach. :popcorneater:

True MKD, don't you just love how rumors get started.

I just hate the fact that grown adults can't step up and take the blame for mistakes they make and dump them on the feet of others.

I don't think Watson wants to have a 5-5 season on his resume. After looking at who Blackman has graduated and the 2015-2016 schedule it's not going to be easy at all. As of right now I see Riverdale back on top of Rutherford Co.

I do agree Shad will be missed, his organizational skills alone are worth 6 wins a year. At the same time kids step up when it's their time. I've seen it for years. You think my gosh how will we replace that guy, then you look up and somebody has embraced the challenge. After all the recruiting pipe line is full according to some! :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad