Riverdale throwing game

ecu

So you don't give White County or Cumberland County a chance this year? Hmmmm[/quote

Oh yes, I definitely give both the above a chance. In fact, it would not surprise me if one of the above upsets Bradley. I was simply making a point that the last two seasons, NOBODY gave Bradley a chance because of their weak schedule and because of how tough middle Tennessee is. Both years Bradley shocked the middle Tennessee teams. Cumberland or White County could do the same. Some team needs to beat and represent us in state.

Im not even sure I would call it an upset if either were to beat Bradley. If you simply go by how good both of our records are this year.

The article said being recruited by these schools, not offered by (yet) but I'd say those will be coming in soon. I feel for a program like East Hamilton, in a catch 22. A player like that leaves because there"s a program up the interstate much stronger, but the program cant advance to a high level when a player like that leaves. They also had a Division I type player switch to Riverdale for her senior year a couple of seasons ago.

This is truly a case of "lose at all cost". Both coaches should be dismissed, there is no room for this in high school sports. What are we teaching of kids? Bad for both schools, bad for both coaches and bad for RCS.

Anyone condoning this type of behavior has lost their ever loving mind and can not be taken seriously! :popcorneater:

I totally agree. Next year when this is what happens, all Riverdale needs to say is we play to win! The

misconception here is that the girls knew they were going to be coached to lose the game. I know for a

FACT this is not true. The girls didn’t know “they were supposed to loseâ€. The coach decided that it

would not be in the team’s best interest to win that game. Coach Barrett has taken full responsibility.

Our girls follow their coaches to victory and sometimes defeat. Whether intentionally or

unintentionally……either way it’s not the girls fault. I was in disbelief that Childress held the girls

responsible in the news report. He should have made sure he had the facts before making such a harsh

judgment. Anyone that believes the girls should have over thrown the coach, in the middle of a game

situation, that they unknowingly walked in the middle of…. is delusional and unrealistic. If there is

blame, it needs to be placed on the coaches, AD, and principals who didn’t stop it! Not the girls, who in

my opinion took the brunt of the punishment so far. These girls worked years for this moment.

Now I say it’s in the hands of all those who hooped and hollered for “justiceâ€, because it has not been

served. But why so quiet??? Did you get what you wanted? To be honest, most of the fuss was from a

school, if Riverdale is out of the tournament, they have a cake walk to the state. T$$AA can you judge

yourself as harshly and swiftly as you judged these girls? Stop allowing pointless games for money? Will

the AD and principles take as much responsibility or be held accountable like the girls?

Parents were at Riverdale supporting our girls. The way all parents would. Most of us also showed our

support for our coach! He didn’t lie, cheat, or steal…..didn’t put his hand on either one of our girls. He

just made a call that he thought was right for the team. Everybody makes mistakes and has short

comings. Americans are always ready to crucify someone…nail them to the cross!

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the

measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own

eye?

Yes we support our coach and yes he made a mistake, but at the end of this I want to teach my child

forgiveness as well as sportsmanship!

Teach your child accountability instead of excuses.  It will serve them a far better lesson in life...

Remember what happened to Bruce Pearl when he lied instead of just admitting his mistake?

Ask Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens and Alex Rodriguez how those lies are working out for them.

Mr. Nolan is going to be put in a situation real soon that he will not be pleased with. Guess who will face the brunt of that?

You are a NATIONAL DISGRACE this week.

• Upvote 1