Weather: Is anyone getting practices or scrimmages in?

BigG

In my 20 years of coaching, this is one of the most frustrating starts from a weather standpoint.  With an entire week off last week, and more snow this week (followed by a poor forecast for next) this leads to a lot of time off the field.

Are any teams getting practices in?

Also, has anyone scrimmaged yet?

In my 20 years of coaching, this is one of the most frustrating starts from a weather standpoint.  With an entire week off last week, and more snow this week (followed by a poor forecast for next) this leads to a lot of time off the field.

Are any teams getting practices in?

Also, has anyone scrimmaged yet?

I know CCS got one in with McCallie. That's about all I have heard. 

Boys soccer practice should not start until March. The season should begin in April. If we lived further south, February wouldn't be so bad. However, for those of us in North TN or on the plateau the month of February is brutal in the form of Thunderstorms or Winter storms. I don't really care if the season is still going when school lets out.

Signal Mountain not getting practices or scrimmages in. Probably 6" of snow on field currently. We had scrimmages scheduled with East Hamilton and Cleveland already cancelled. Coaches who can adjust on the fly once season starts will earn their pay checks. Going to hurt young teams that don't return many starters the worst.

Never in my 18 years involved with Boys Soccer in Tennessee has there been a weather disruption as bad as this.

At Hume-Fogg we pretty much lost one entire week, then were able to get in a few indoor practices, fortunate to get one practice on an outdoor full-field.

Attendance was not ideal as some guys could not get around due to transportation/ snow issues.

Have lost 2 varsity and 2 JV scrimmages outright.

Actually having a 'split-squad' day where half team is playing at one site with head coach and other half the team playing at a different site with assistant (on same day to maximize playing time). Unfortunately, the forecast is for thunder storms that day- HA!!

We were able to get our scrimmages in with Lipscomb and Father Ryan.  The only reason we could play last night was because Father Ryan has a turf field.

Hoping to be able to play against MBA (they have turf too), but with poor weather tonight, who knows?

• Upvote 1

MBA was able to scrimmage against Independence last night in the monsoon. BigG was correct, for all its shortcomings, a turf field is a real positive with the weather our area has experienced the past few weeks.

BTW, MBA walloped Independence 5-0...with the weather playing such a large role in the game I do not think the score line is an accurate indicator of the comparative strengths of the teams.