Middle School State Champions

deadlift

]

The scores that were posted look like the overall team scores from Tot - Middle School. I left before the middle school team scores were announced, but I know Higher Calling was winning. I assume they won the middle school division. Does anyone the middle school scores?

2015 TNAAU State Middle School Division Top 5 team scores

1. Higher Calling (Cleveland) 334.5 points

2. BUCCANEERS (beech) 186.5 points

3. Wave (CBHS) 151.5 points

4. Williamson County 109 points

5. Wildcat Wrestling (Wilson central) 103 points

Higher Calling had 7 state Finalist with 6 state champions. The 7th finalist lost in SV.

Buccaneers had 6 state finalist with 3 state champions. An unbelievably impressive performance from a feeder program that is less than 3 years old. Both Wave and Williamson County had 1 state champion and Wildcats had 2 state champions.

Edited by durdon

Gotcha... so let's say they had those 4 kids. Let's assume they split 2 -2....probalby wouldn't happen since Chatt didn't even have a quality kid at those classes....1, 2. 3 . 4 to compete...but just for arguments sake, let's say they split. Nashville still wins by 40 points. That's allot.

the big question is though, should one of the knoxvile regions combine with chatt region so that they can be more competitive.

I'm not trying to divide the state here. It just seems silly that Chatt and knoxville have 3 of the 5 regions and can't compete with Nash and Memphis. I was there and I really felt sorry for Chatt and Knox kids, they were so under competitive that it was not good for the sport. look at the scores. Something needs to change. The kids deserve more.

PS: exactly 50% of the state champs came from middle tennessee. one of 5 regions

The regions are spilt to even out the numbers. You have East Tn, northern Tn, South , middle and west . Some of the areas are split slightly to make the regions as even as possible. Some of the teams on the west side of Nashville are in the west region with Memphis and some of the teams outside Knoxville area are with the other region . As far as Nashville dominating the middle school duals the last few years they have done so. There are multiple reasons for this. 1) Chattanoogas public school kids could not compete this year due to their league rules. Contrary to some people's posts who know nothing about the league in Chattanooga none of the kids wrestling at the Aau state were on their school teams. Those teams are Soddy, Hixson, East Hamilton, Ooltewah, Red Bank, Signal Mtn, Hunter Middle & Brown Middle ( central and Ooltewah feeders) , Tyner , East Ridge and numerous others. I can assure you there would be quite a few good kids that would help the Chattanooga Ms duals teams . Chattanooga has won every single dual meet state in the 5th grade and below and has never lost a single match in any of those tournaments. Until this year Nobody has gotten within 25 points of them and usually it was 40+ point victories. These same teams are also some of , if not the most successful high school programs every year. So ... If they win at the youth level by huge margins and the same teams win at the high school level it would be quite a stretch to think they suddenly forget how to wrestle between the 6-8th grades. Also they usually don't have Baylor middle school kids because the school goes on a mandatory trip every year and the kids are also required to play a sport every season so they are all in baseball, lacrosse or track this late in the year. McCallies kids are usually in the same boat.

2) Nashville and Memphis are getting better each year and doing a great job with their club teams. This success is parlaying over to their high schools and evening out the playing field a little bit . Nashville will continue to catch up and pass the Chattanooga public schools until the middle school league in Chattanooga changes it's policy. Cleveland, Bradley, ocoee, Baylor and McCallie will still be good though because they aren't hampered by those restrictions.

• Upvote 1

Congratulations to the 2015 TN AAU MS State Champions:

70lb Trey Bates-Williamson County WC

75lb Christian Isbell-Team Clarksville

80lb Cooper Flynn-Pigeon Forge

85lb Garrett Bowers-Higher Calling

90lb Noah Horst-Buccaneers WC

95lb Brayden Palmer-Buccaneers WC

100lb Luke Dezember-Lawrence County WC

105lb Alexei Pergrande-Wildcat WC

110lb Logan Whiteside-Higher Calling

115lb Job Dooley-Copperheads WC

120lb Austin Sweeney-Higher Calling

125lb Russell Barry-Higher Calling

130lb Garrin Shuffler-Greene Team

135lb Logan Fowler-Eagleville WC

140lb Jake Knaff-Arlington WC

145lb Kenneth Walker-Wave WC

152lb Trent Knight-Greene Team

160lb Scott Jones-Higher Calling

171lb Kane Kleoudis-Nashville Catholic

189lb Ethan Rainey-Buccaneers WC

220lb Caleb Flickner-Higher Calling

HWT Michael Kramer-Wildcat WC

This is what Pennstatewrestlingfan predicted and it was pretty dang close:

70) Trey Bates - Williamson County

75) Christian Isbell - Clarksville

80) Cooper Flynn - Pigeon Forge

85) Garrett Bowers - Cleveland

90) Noah Horst - Beech

95) Brayden Palmer - Beech

100) Luke Dezember - Lawrence County

105) Alex Pergande - Wilson Central

110) Logan Whiteside - Cleveland

115) Job Dooley - Copperheads

120) Austin Sweeney - Cleveland

125) Mason Reiniche - Baylor (If he wrestles in MS)

130) Garrin Shuffler - Greenville

135) Landon Fowler - Eagleville (If he wrestles in MS)

140) TJ Holmes - Halls

145) Kenneth Walker - Wave

152) Wesley McCoy - Marshall County

160) Scott Jones - Cleveland

171) Kane Kleoudis - Nashville Catholic

189) Ethan Rainey - Beech

220) Noah Evans - Alcoa

250) Michael Kramer - Wilson Central

The real question is Why did Region 3 have 4 forfeits? They had a full team... Rumor has it that a state champion from region 3, just didn't want to wrestle. Seems like a new excuse each year. I think last year the coach for Region 3 left in the middle of the duals. Just say Region 4 as a whole, right now is better on middle school?

Gotcha,  kinda like hendersonvile, and brentwood are close to Nashville (10 miles).  Nashville did not have one single kid from Nashville metro schools compete either.

Metro does not allow AAU Clubs in thier schools.  kids that want to wrestle from metro have to go to other clubs near them.

none of the public schools in Chattanooga are allowed to compete in non sanctioned events outside of Hamilton County until late March

only if they are wrestling on the middle school team.  if they decide to wrestle AAU and not for thier school they can compete but if they are competing for thier school team they cannot.  Schools in the TMSAA have the same rule.

First off lets remember that these are just kids who are not even in high school. And instead of pointing fingers with the we are better than you attitude or tearing down other areas and regions lets look at it that wrestling in TN as a WHOLE is getting a whole lot better.  I have only been in TN for 6 1/2 years and have witnessed the wrestling in TN improve so much in that short period of time .  And its because of the youth movement in Tn has taken great strides. More Clubs,  quality Coaches and opportunities is the reason and a lot of hard work.

I was in Michigan before and Coached the team that went to fargo from 1996- 2002 and back then if one of our kids pulled a kid from TN it usually wasnt a tough match (not saying there werent any tough kids back then though from tn)  But now Tn kids are  not only going to more national and out of state events they are competing at a very high level and placing and doing very well at these.  I think more kids are being looked at and going to college to wrestle as well.

So im just suggesting intead of trying to tear each other down lets keep moving forward and work together to make Tn a power in wrestling.

Looks to me like the Memphis region beat Chatt by almost 50 points.  Am I missing something here??????

Does anyone know why Knoxville has 2 regions and Chatt, Mid TN, and memphis only have 1? 

Unless I'm wrong, it looks like Knox area combined has less state champs then any region and worse,....  It looks like their kids (both teams) got masacurd in the duals.  That is not good for the kids or the sport.  One might say that the other coaches ran up the score....but what are they suppossed to do...let a kid forfeit  who's family has traveled and stayed over night for their kid to have this opportunitty?

Doesnt look like anyone from Knoxville is on here complaining about scores being run up??? I really hate posting responses to someone i dont know.. Who are you?? Did you read Tnyouthwrestling on facebook?? Because we pieced our Region 2 knoxville team together with alot of kids that WANTED mat time... not the best but wanted to be there.. sure they may have lost but that got the mat time, they learned and will get better. We as a whole Region need to do better for sure.. but NO ONE IS COMPLAINING THAT WRESTLED SUNDAY. 

only if they are wrestling on the middle school team.  if they decide to wrestle AAU and not for thier school they can compete but if they are competing for thier school team they cannot.  Schools in the TMSAA have the same rule.

HCAC wrestles their season late January to February which is why those kids for middle school(soddy, Hixson, etc) that are part of HCAC cannot wrestle in this tournament it they choose to wrestle for their middle school teams, while other middle school teams in the county and area wrestled their middle school season around December so they were eligible to wrestle in both. Middle school wrestling is really terrible because they shortened the season to like 1 month and it seemed longer back in the day when I was wrestling in the HCAC.

The regions are spilt to even out the numbers. You have East Tn, northern Tn, South , middle and west . Some of the areas are split slightly to make the regions as even as possible. Some of the teams on the west side of Nashville are in the west region with Memphis and some of the teams outside Knoxville area are with the other region . As far as Nashville dominating the middle school duals the last few years they have done so. There are multiple reasons for this. 1) Chattanoogas public school kids could not compete this year due to their league rules. Contrary to some people's posts who know nothing about the league in Chattanooga none of the kids wrestling at the Aau state were on their school teams. Those teams are Soddy, Hixson, East Hamilton, Ooltewah, Red Bank, Signal Mtn, Hunter Middle & Brown Middle ( central and Ooltewah feeders) , Tyner , East Ridge and numerous others. I can assure you there would be quite a few good kids that would help the Chattanooga Ms duals teams . Chattanooga has won every single dual meet state in the 5th grade and below and has never lost a single match in any of those tournaments. Until this year Nobody has gotten within 25 points of them and usually it was 40+ point victories. These same teams are also some of , if not the most successful high school programs every year. So ... If they win at the youth level by huge margins and the same teams win at the high school level it would be quite a stretch to think they suddenly forget how to wrestle between the 6-8th grades. Also they usually don't have Baylor middle school kids because the school goes on a mandatory trip every year and the kids are also required to play a sport every season so they are all in baseball, lacrosse or track this late in the year. McCallies kids are usually in the same boat.

2) Nashville and Memphis are getting better each year and doing a great job with their club teams. This success is parlaying over to their high schools and evening out the playing field a little bit . Nashville will continue to catch up and pass the Chattanooga public schools until the middle school league in Chattanooga changes it's policy. Cleveland, Bradley, ocoee, Baylor and McCallie will still be good though because they aren't hampered by those restrictions.

Perfect point and you have answered my question in such away that only reaffirms my commits. 

I am going to answer two messages here in an effort to save time.  KNOX, "We have kids that want mat time"   Memphis does too.... as well as the other regions

Well let's take the 115# weight class, probably the toughest in the state this year.   The kid that took 2nd to Dooley (not in his region)....did not even get invited  for the State Duals (only kid to not get pinned by Dooley)  Knoxville had two kids wrestle in the State duals that got pinned in less then 30 seconds. and did not place in the state....how is that good for the sport while the #2 kid stayed at home. 

I personally heard that the beech kid (2nd to Dooley) requested to be part of the team and was denied. If you are having to field a team with kids that "only want mat time"  do that in something else besides the state duals please!!!!!

2nd point and most important:

Be professional.  The whole country thinks we are a bunch of Hillbilly's  and don't come down anymore.  After watching the last couple of years, I can not blame them.

Here is why we are seen as "good old boy":

1) kids are bracketed and picked based on "board" preferences:

a)  Knoxville having 35 % of the kids duals yet no state champions

B) Referees that do not know the rules (We can all complain about refs but they should at least know the rules)  see my next point.  If Our current "head ref"  doesn't know the rules, how can we hold his underlings  accountable.  Don Elsie, Did you know that the use of tobacco products was a flagrant misconduct and immediate removal?  You sure knew the rule when you ejected the Dickson coach.  Somone also said you did the same thing to chuck bean a couple of years ago. 

c)  Tobacco usage is one of the most highly scrutinized  issues in the rule book right now with NHSCA .  In the Ag center or any other HS, MS, or public establishment it is ALSO against the law.   NOT the rules.....against the law.   We have board members and directors blatantly ignoring this rule as though they are "above the rules" OK...  Not just hiding it, but sitting in a corner or head table and spiting in a bottle.

So here is where the big rub comes in.  AAU says that we have improved our referees over the last 2 years.......and I do believe we have. 

2nd rub-  Alcohol usage is also against the law in any Government faciltiy in the state.  The NHSFA hand book does not have a rule for that...... but there should be....non the less having Alcohol on the premises only makes us look more Redneck.  

Question for Mr Elsie,  Did you not know that was a rule or did you just turn your head?

This is our challenge with bringing teams in.   Mr Elsie,  Did you know we were "spitting in cups" in the corner and did you know that our Tournament directors were drinking and bringing alcohol onto the premises.

I know I'm going to piss alot of people of here.  I did not name people....but I will if anyone  cares.

We are better than this.!

As far as the 115# weight class. First it was hard for the region dual team coaches to pick a team with no regional. They went by past results the best they could. Now

the beech kid lost to dooley at state . Henderson from Siegel who was picked for the region 4 team pinned dooley in the duals. So obviously both kids are tough and is why both kids are on the team going to iowa.