Middle School State Champions

deadlift

As far as the 115# weight class. First it was hard for the region dual team coaches to pick a team with no regional. They went by past results the best they could. Now

the beech kid lost to dooley at state . Henderson from Siegel who was picked for the region 4 team pinned dooley in the duals. So obviously both kids are tough and is why both kids are on the team going to iowa.

Gotcha,  Was Don Barnett drinking alcohol at he tournament?

TD2--- I did not catch your name?? 

We field our team with REGION 2 first.. this year we had so many holes, we opened it to ALL Regions (upon request). First come, First Serve! 

All the other topics you choose to bring up.. others can deal with that. 

For REGION 2 Duals...email me directly.. [email protected]

I will let you take over next year. You can assemble the Team(s) and Coach also. You seem to have all the answers(which obviously you do not understand REGION DUALS.. not ALLSTATE DUALS, the ALLSTATE DUALS are in Iowa and Kingsport.)

If you are too pathetic to answer whom you are.. then shut up! I get so tired of hearing all the bull crap from the keyboard CHAMPIONS.. You have no clue all the work that I personally put into this.. which is number one reason I am pissed off when you start mentioning Knoxville. The other coaches may not care.. but for me.. I Do...

COACH BEN JONES 

[email protected]

wrestlingacademyknox.com 

Td2- I haven't had to hand out my here's your stupid sign awards this year so feel honored you are this years only recipient. Looking back through your posts you have created a pattern over the last two years of being about misinformed and removed from reality as possible. You started off last year with d1 vs d2 predictions that were asinine . You were saying kids would win that had been not only beaten but destroyed by their counterparts. You clearly don't have a very good pulse on the Tennessee wrestling scene. It's a shame with the ease of simply looking up results on Trackwrestling that you are so uneducated. On to your posts from this past week. Below are some key points others have proven you wrong on.

1) Knoxville only has 1 region

2) The state duals are regional all star teams, of course with the 70 or so weight classes there are going to be some regions where the number 1&2 kids in the state are from the same region and one doesn't get to wrestle in the state duals. I bet it's actually quite common and I would be willing to bet in some cases the top 3 are in the same region.

3. The Tennessee law is the no smoking law. It is not against the law to use smokeless tobacco. I just looked up the actual law and you can as well. It even defines smoking for the educationally challenged such as yourself. You are correct that it is against the federation rules but definitely not a law.

4. There are no paid Aau directors contrary to what you claimed.

5. The Aau trailer was donated not bought for $5,000

I could go on and on with all your idiotic posts. The bad thing is I don't even have any first hand knowledge, I simply did a little research. You should try that before posting insane comments.

In conclusion it appears your son didn't win the state and didn't get picked to be on the duals team for his region. You have an ax to grind and want to blame the brackets, directors, rules and so on. Hopefully your son is learning from this sport and not by the example you are setting for him. As far as calling out people for outlandish behavior you should be very careful. That is slander and could get you in some legal trouble. There is not one person on here who thinks those guys were drinking because unlike you they have character.

WOW!

1st and foremost in case you didn't catch the log on, this is Kevin Wright. I ran the tournament on Saturday, which I thought went as smooth as it has ever run. Because you know who I am I have nothing to hide, the bracketing was not decided by board members but by a bi-partisan group of approx. 12 coaches from all 5 regions. Each weight class was separated by Track rankings and then each weight in each group was reviewed by the coaches on hand. They were not seeded, but separated; then each weight class was reviewed to make sure the best wrestlers were separated to meet in qtrs or finals as much as possible. This was collaborated by the group--the entire group. It appeared to be pretty accurate. OK, I have beat that dead horse enough. I was the one that napped in the trailer Sunday. I was supposed to already be gone Sunday morning, but I stuck around to help pack up the clocks and help Don B pack the trailer. So while I wasn't doing anything, I took a nap. Please excuse me, as I was up late Friday and it was a long day Saturday--which was an outstanding day of wrestling, and we had a ton of great help. It takes a lot of tireless volunteers (most from Team Cookeville), dedicated refs, and a great deal of leadership from Don Barnette and Darrel Lauderdale. The facilities need some improvements, but we work with what we have. It anyone has the inside track of a large facility (enough for 12 - 14 mats), tons of parking, and extremely cheap to use, please let us know asap! So ..... for now we work with what we have. I never saw anyone with tobacco or alcohol in the venue, but I wasn't looking for it either. It does seem we have an expert who wishes to remain nameless and point fingers, blame others, and claim supremacy of one region over another region and if your going to blast someone at least know how to spell their name! I am sorry to ramble, I just hate it when a coward hides behind a crafty user name and begins to point out everyone's else's perceived issues, but then again it is hard to be Hill Billy.

These are kids and they deserve the accolades of wrestling hard, not the fans. Adults......stop living through your kids and allow them to enjoy their success, to them it is still fun! It's always an adult who never had personal success as a young athlete that ruins it for everyone or they were potty trained too early as a toddler.

I look forward to seeing most of you in Johnson City, it has been a good season thus far. Tennessee has an abundance of good people working in the forefront and behind the scenes to promote Tennessee Wrestling! That should be the focus.............

Good Luck,

Kevin Wright

423-320-0001

As far as the 115# weight class. First it was hard for the region dual team coaches to pick a team with no regional. They went by past results the best they could. Now

the beech kid lost to dooley at state . Henderson from Siegel who was picked for the region 4 team pinned dooley in the duals. So obviously both kids are tough and is why both kids are on the team going to iowa.

I apologize to everyone else for your ignorance.  Dooley would pin this kid any day of the week and was up against him 8-2 before he made last minute mistake. It was a fluke pin and wouldn't happen again, i bet money. Also, check your stats or maybe go to the tournaments you feel the need to comment on.

I agree that it was hard for coaches to pick regional teams based on the fact there was no regional tournament but still you know who is the best in each weight and each region with out the tournament honestly. And the Saturday before the team competition proved who was the best in each weight which i believe each weight the champion ended up on top even though some of the upper weigh state titles are handed out basically.

TD2- Im not sure your name or your credentials, however your posts recommend you are uninformed and just to sharp conclusions. It is ignorant to assume that someone was consuming alcohol at the tournament let alone your points are outright dumb. If WrestlingGod made a second account i would assume it was you because your posts are irrelevant and ignorant 

I think this last Saturday clarified who the future studs are, end of story.. Be ready for the future, may it behold lots of Blue Raiders and a few random studs along the way, this future freshman class is loaded

Go Blue Raiders is all i have to say for the next couple years, no competition to this Middle School team as a whole 

I apologize to everyone else for your ignorance. Dooley would pin this kid any day of the week and was up against him 8-2 before he made last minute mistake. It was a fluke pin and wouldn't happen again, i bet money. Also, check your stats or maybe go to the tournaments you feel the need to comment on.

I agree that it was hard for coaches to pick regional teams based on the fact there was no regional tournament but still you know who is the best in each weight and each region with out the tournament honestly. And the Saturday before the team competition proved who was the best in each weight which i believe each weight the champion ended up on top

I would agree that the Dooley pin was a fluke, but I think everyone needs to check their facts if they are really this hung up on who represented the region 4 team at 115. Both kids wrestled multiple times this year and Hebderson, the kid on the team, had beat the beech kid each and every time. Good job by the beech kid pulling of the upset at state, but before that he had not beaten him. So how could be be on the team?

The guys putting the team together did the best they could without a region tournament, I'm just glad they stepped up and did it.

Plus the metro middle school season ends on the high school regions weekend. Runs late compared to most other middle school leagues. They miss all the regular season AAU tournaments. There were 9 kids who wrestled in the metro middle school league who wrestled in the AAU state tournament. Highest place finish was 5th place.

Metro does not allow AAU Clubs in thier schools. kids that want to wrestle from metro have to go to other clubs near them.