Coffee County Boys Job

bigmoney128

I would think that he is a quality person because they allowed him to keep his teaching spot at Coffee Co. after they removed him from the basketball program. 

well, I was just responding to where you said about "Skipper has not brought in either quality coaches or people. He cant seem to find someone that is both. Its either one or the other it seems"...so I was wondering which you thought applied to the basketball coach...not a quality person or not a quality coach.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no offense but when was the last time t town made the state or had a winning season? you haven't exactly hit a home run with your hires the last several years. 

we had a nice string of winning seasons up until two years ago.  we have more athletes and better athletes than manchester does.  which you can see from football.  we need a guy who can get the best athletes in the school to play.

we had a nice string of winning seasons up until two years ago.  we have more athletes and better athletes than manchester does.  which you can see from football.  we need a guy who can get the best athletes in the school to play.

then you should have hired the 400 game winner from ms with 4 state appearences...instead you will no doubt hire a level 1 math teacher with no credentials. once again not being critical...i just happen to know t town cares as much for basketball as manchester does.

Seems like this has become the old coach at Manchester and new coach at Tullahoma thread.

Lets get back on topic.....  I see that Ben Holl is staying on as an assistant.  That's a great thing.

I understand they are looking for a couple of more assistants to work with JV and Freshmen I presume..

Seems like this has become the old coach at Manchester and new coach at Tullahoma thread.

Lets get back on topic.....  I see that Ben Holl is staying on as an assistant.  That's a great thing.

I understand they are looking for a couple of more assistants to work with JV and Freshmen I presume..

Glad he is staying and JT is Jeff Taylor

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

What I am saying is that at Coffee Co. a really good year is 15-18 wins. A really good coach could get to that point, maybe, but any thing more than that is almost unreasonable with the lack of athletic talent that they have there. Good kids, mostly hard working kids, but not athletic. Then when you factor in the parent thing, if you have to please them to keep your job, now you are looking at 10-12 wins being a really good year. I havent really heard of anyone leaving there and going elsewhere and being successful. Not that it is a grave yard, but it sure doesnt lead into greater things. 

i remembered this thread from a couple of years ago while watching our butts get whipped last week. Coffee has the better players, better athletes, and better coaches right now. Haven't seen that big a crowd in that gym in 20 years.  I guess that's what a 20 win season will do for you.