Clarkrange vs Middleton for the Gold Ball

UCSportsFan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrat's to the Lady Tigers on a great season! Glad that Coach Burkley finally gets some recognition, he's kept the boys team at the high level that Smalley had established for years, and taken the worst team in 15A to the mountain top. Also glad that her teammates got to give Deja the gold ball, I know that mean't a lot to them...just wish that the rest of the state had the opportunity to see how good that she really is. Congrat's also to C'range, and the reat of the teams that made it to the Glass House...it's a great accomplishment just to be there!

Middleton is the best team in the state in Class A.   This has been a great tournament to watch.  There have been several great games to watch.  Clarkrange having to play three games in three days played heavy on them.  This is not meant to be an excuse because you have to beat everyone to be the champions and this did not happen.

Congrat's to the Lady Tigers on a great season! Glad that Coach Burkley finally gets some recognition, he's taken the worst team in 15A to the mountain top.

I don't think this can be stated enough. I was a student at Middleton a couple of years before he started there and I remember when our girls team struggled. Getting beat by 40 and 50 routinely. Went from that to being a consistent contender. All the while maintaining the great boys program he also coaches. Shows the real value of a great coach. Congrats Lady Tigers.

I saw Middelton in December when they played TCA and Faulkner was still healthy. They killed us by 35 and it could have been worse and we were a pretty solid team. I thought it was one of the two or three best girls teams I had ever seen. My first thought was "who in the world is going to beat them"? Obviously no one! Congrats to the Middleton Lady Tigers and Coach Berkley. He is an outstanding coach. Very well deserved! District 15A and TCA is very proud of you!!

Agreed trader.. Coach Burkely is a great guy and great coach. Glad to see him succeed and glad to see the Middleton keep their heads right after Deja went down over the Christmas break.

Agree with both of you!  Also, GC, you have finally been justified!  You said since Day 1 of this Season that Middleton was the best team in the state and they proved it today even without one of their stars.

Truth be told, they were probably the second best team in the state last year but unfortunately ran into the best  (Union City) in the sectional game.

Congrats Middleton and Coach Burkley!