Knox area teams this year?

fernando9

New here and first post, but long time lurker.  Thanks for the forum, as I've always found it interesting.  

Curious the thoughts for those who know better what Knoxville area teams will be strong this year?  Seen a few area teams (Farragut, CAK, Bearden, Catholic) play already but mainly in scrimmages and wondering what others had seen.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New here and first post, but long time lurker.  Thanks for the forum, as I've always found it interesting.  

Curious the thoughts for those who know better what Knoxville area teams will be strong this year?  Seen a few area teams (Farragut, CAK, Bearden, Catholic) play already but mainly in scrimmages and wondering what others had seen.

Welcome!

There have been some crazy scrimmage outcomes, but I don't put a whole lot into scrimmages.

CAK will be good in A/AA, though Catholic has a decent young team.

Maryville, Hardin Valley and Farragut (at least from what I have heard) should top AAA, though one should never count out Bearden.

Can't wait to get through this nasty weather and see some results from regular season!

My opinion (from very limited viewings or information):

Hardin Valley has the best senior talent and likely will be best around from what I have been told, but haven't watched them yet.

CAK has new coach and tons of firepower offensively, probably two of the very best players in the entire area.  I think if they can find consistency at defense and their big guns offensively can feel comfortable to work well together, should be very strong.  Young team so may be even better next year. 

Bearden also has new coach and also young team but appears back on the upswing.  Three kids in the midfield area who are contributing that didn't even play in the program last year.  Will be good but probably a year away.  

Farragut has some big speed weapons on the wings that will cause major trouble for other teams.  Couldn't tell much as they played a much weaker opponent, but they are strong.  No surprise.

Catholic will have some trouble I think.  Liked the way they attempted to play, but don't think they have the depth this year to compete at a high level for the entire season.  Again (broken record), but I've been told they are young as well.

Sure Maryville and Oak Ridge will be strong as well, but haven't seen or heard much about them.

Got to see Bearden up close this week as they beat ND 4-0.  I can tell you without a doubt that they are much better than they were in 2013 and 2014.  Very aggressive, very fast, and very organized.  I am not saying they will be State champs, since that is a very tough road to hoe in AAA,, but they will be competitive.

Welcome!

There have been some crazy scrimmage outcomes, but I don't put a whole lot into scrimmages.

CAK will be good in A/AA, though Catholic has a decent young team.

Maryville, Hardin Valley and Farragut (at least from what I have heard) should top AAA, though one should never count out Bearden.

Can't wait to get through this nasty weather and see some results from regular season!

C'mon G, no love for Oak Ridge. They'll be disappointed. Anyway, good and accurate post. Maybe the Cats can sneak up on a few opponents.

C'mon G, no love for Oak Ridge. They'll be disappointed. Anyway, good and accurate post. Maybe the Cats can sneak up on a few opponents.

Oak Ridge knows my love for them!

They can go far if they all play together.  I would rather them go in as "underdogs" and make some noise than go in over-rated.  

Can't wait to watch them play!

Two for Blade. He's off to a fast start this year. I don't know the other. Wife was texting the game to me.

Gotta say, the 1-2 punch of Jose and Blade up top is hard to defend.

I talked with Blade last night.

You guys will be playing right before we do on Friday and then right after we do on Saturday, so I will get to see the boys play!

Bearden Invitational next Thursday - Sunday should begin to give a good idea about many Knox teams with great local lineup and visiting teams:  Bearden, Farragut, CAK, Hardin Valley, Oak Ridge, Webb, Maryville, etc. locally plus out of town heavies like Science Hill, CPA, Hendersonville, etc.  

Should be lots of great soccer if the event doesn't bring its annual monsoon of rain that always seems to unfortunately coincide with the tourney.