8aaa baseball

Simplefacts

In 2002 Coffee County went 0 -12 in 8AAA and got put out by Franklin County in the play in game.  As I remember, they went on to have several successful years after that.  The 2002 team was very similar to this years team.  They had a very talented group of sophomores and freshmen that took their lumps during the 2002 season but were totally invested in turning things around.  As I remember they also had a group of parents that stayed the course and believed in the coaching staff, and as a result the players totally bought in to the process of getting better.  I have absolutely no doubt, that if left alone, and allowed to do what he does, Coach Martin will get the baseball program where it needs to be.  I have been around the game of baseball basically my entire life, and have been around coaches of all levels.  I have seen the very good and the very bad.  Coach Martin not only has one of the better baseball minds of coaches I have been around, but he is one of the highest character and integrity people I have known.  Good luck to Coffee County in the play in game tomorrow, but regardless of the result of tomorrow's game, trust the process under the leadership of Coach Martin.  

Martin is not the answer here. They had it going for 11 years but ran off Chase Jones several years ago. They hired a guy who just quit on them, then the next coach had his well documented issue and was fired and now Martin. Guess they didn't know how good they had it. 

After the 13-1 debacle in the district tournament i heard 2 seniors after the game say thank goodness this is over. Most seniors when they play their last game ever are tore up and sad that it is over. Our program needs major change and by what my daughter says it would help our PE program. She told her mom last night that Coach Martin has not taught one single day this semester. She says the entire class lays in the hallway all class. How does this happen. This was not allowed in my era, Coach Rusty would have taken care of business in class and on the field.

• 10 months later...

I came to the game last night like I usually do. I played for  Coach Caldwell in the late 80’s. Our lead off batter got a hit and then we went 7 full innings with not 1 hit. The language I hear coming from our dugout is horrible and kids are laughing when they strike out. This didn’t happen when I played and it shouldn’t be allowed now. It is very obvious we have zero leadership, at the top. Sad very sad.

25 minutes ago, RaiderPride85 said:

I thought you didn't go to the game last night?

What are you talking about, I said in my very first line that I went to the game last night? You must be one of the coaches because obviously you can’t comprehend anything smh

Edited by Raider4Ever