8aaa baseball

Simplefacts

I will not hide behind a name so this is Jamie Spry

To whomever is posting this stuff about our town, team and coaches you are pathetic. I have grew up in this small town and with the ones posting these comments. Yes I have a good idea who you are and it's not Robert bless his heart he couldn't articulate the message that well but I do love him for being Robert.

My thoughts to you are what are gaining to try and disrupt the community, families and team . If you have nothing else to do than hide behind a message board name then you probably need a hobby or some small church in our area to help you pray for peace in your life. If you do not agree with the coach then schedule a meeting with the coach and discuss your ideas / concerns. Most of the time when this happens both sides learn something they didn't know.

This town has some great families and great families have great kids and great kids make great adults but sports in this town brings out a whole different character of person for some parents. We all know we have had coaches that were awesome and some folks didn't get their way and they were ran off. We also know we have had coaches that were immoral and thankfully they were removed.

If you know about baseball volunteer to help. Get out with your kid and ask more kids to get out on Sunday afternoons , Saturday afternoons anytime and put the fun back in the game and at the same time teach them, build them up and not post useless crap on the internet to tear folks and teams down.

I am the booster club president and understand that every business in this town get's hit up by every team in this town for $$ and the school system does little to nothing in my opinion to support the team sports financially in our area so their is a lot of pressure put on the parents to raise money and if you think they don't expect something for their little Johnny or Jennie for raising money you are dead wrong. Facts are facts most folks are out for themselves.

If you have a opinion be man / woman enough to add your name to your post so we can agree or disagree with you but also know where you stand. If you choose to hide behind the mask then in my opinion your comments are void and meaningless and have no value other than to disrupt and tear down teams.

Do I agree with everything going on. No but I will voice my opinion and move forward and try to help the boys enjoy their school years because they do not realize these are their best years. Because being an adult sucks sometimes for having to deal with situations like this.

Build up the town, teams and families ….. Don't keep tearing them down. 

Jamie

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JamieOSpry said:

I will not hide behind a name so this is Jamie Spry

To whomever is posting this stuff about our town, team and coaches you are pathetic. I have grew up in this small town and with the ones posting these comments. Yes I have a good idea who you are and it's not Robert bless his heart he couldn't articulate the message that well but I do love him for being Robert.

My thoughts to you are what are gaining to try and disrupt the community, families and team . If you have nothing else to do than hide behind a message board name then you probably need a hobby or some small church in our area to help you pray for peace in your life. If you do not agree with the coach then schedule a meeting with the coach and discuss your ideas / concerns. Most of the time when this happens both sides learn something they didn't know.

This town has some great families and great families have great kids and great kids make great adults but sports in this town brings out a whole different character of person for some parents. We all know we have had coaches that were awesome and some folks didn't get their way and they were ran off. We also know we have had coaches that were immoral and thankfully they were removed.

If you know about baseball volunteer to help. Get out with your kid and ask more kids to get out on Sunday afternoons , Saturday afternoons anytime and put the fun back in the game and at the same time teach them, build them up and not post useless crap on the internet to tear folks and teams down.

I am the booster club president and understand that every business in this town get's hit up by every team in this town for $$ and the school system does little to nothing in my opinion to support the team sports financially in our area so their is a lot of pressure put on the parents to raise money and if you think they don't expect something for their little Johnny or Jennie for raising money you are dead wrong. Facts are facts most folks are out for themselves.

If you have a opinion be man / woman enough to add your name to your post so we can agree or disagree with you but also know where you stand. If you choose to hide behind the mask then in my opinion your comments are void and meaningless and have no value other than to disrupt and tear down teams.

Do I agree with everything going on. No but I will voice my opinion and move forward and try to help the boys enjoy their school years because they do not realize these are their best years. Because being an adult sucks sometimes for having to deal with situations like this.

Build up the town, teams and families ….. Don't keep tearing them down. 

Jamie

Jamie, what a great post and the absolute truth.  What many parents don't understand is if they are running their child's coach down in front of their child, then they are undermining the program because that child is not going to follow his coach to great depths to improve.  Also, if the child falls for the stuff the parent is saying about the coach, then that child becomes uncoachable and will probably never see the field, I know he wouldn't for me.  High School sports are about much more than playing time and winning.  If you have a coach that cares for his players, works tirelessly to improve their skills, and most importantly teaches them life lessons along the way, then you need to consider yourself blessed.  I have been around baseball my entire life, and I have coached kids my entire adult life.  I personally know Coach Martin, and think the world of him.  He does things the right way, regardless of what some people that are not around the program on a daily basis might think.  If I lived in Coffee County I would love nothing more than for my Son to play for him, and that says everything to me.  

I have been on both sides of the sports deal here in town. I have had coaches that wouldn't play my kid because of pressure from others politics involved and I also have had my kid out played and replaced on the spot they were playing  by a better player. But one thing is for sure I did not lie to my kids and tell them that shouldn't happen its Life. They knew the truth whether it was because they just plainly got outplayed or that the spider web and political nature of this town got them this time. Life is hard and Little Johnny and Jenny don't always get a trophy.  We cannot build false hope and entitlement in our young players because all to often when they hit the real world they cannot deal with adversity and turn to other avenues for satifaction. My point is simple be honest with yourself and your children's ability. Most of the time there is not a conspiracy against your child he / she has done something sometime when you were not looking to get the cards they are being dealt. Actions , attitudes , morals and personalities all start at home with Mom and Dad.

We are molding better adults the sports portion is a by product allowing us to enjoy each other.

Jamie

Jamie you are correct, I love this town and I love our kids. 100% of my frustration is with the coach. We definitely have the talent to compete for a district championship and we never make it out of districts, heck last year we didn’t even make the tournament, we got blasted 13-1 in the play in game. Volleyball, girls basketball, boys basketball and softball have all won multiple district championships. It just blows my mind that baseball can’t compete on the same level as these sports. Trust the process you said it all when you said you aren’t from here. I am and my kids are and they have told me repeatedly that Martin never teaches class and the few times he is in the gym he is sitting in a chair drinking a sun drop on his cell phone. So if this is doing things the correct way then you my friend are insane. I brought my son lunch last week and Martin was on the baseball field on his phone drinking a sun drop at 10am. My daughter is suppose to be in his class at 10am. WHO IS WATCHING MY KID!!!!!!!!  And as far as ever kid gets a trophy mentality goes, no worries because the loser of the play in game don’t get a trophy.

This confirms my first post that you may have concerns but don’t know really what your talking about. Coach Martin took vacation to help get the field ready from my understanding. What do you do with your vacation days probably not help a team. As I stated before schedule a meeting and state your concerns quit hiding on a message board  . All the parents and players want to win and we do have talent but negative karma in the community drags everybody down. Be the better person and schedule a meeting with the coach and say what needs said or go away. Be the adult in the room and quit the childish high school drama crap. 
One last thing is own your thoughts criticisms and post. Put a name to it. It’s a shame what attention this brings to our town.

Much love for our town, players and families. It takes a village.

Jamie

• 1 year later...