Enough of the CPA talk...They are NOT a SUPER team

nebuntyn

KG, playerscoach, shouldn't you be on the girls soccer page instead of the boys basketball page? That way you would have a dog in the hunt. Still never answered my question about that Donelson Middle school pipeline a certain minister/coach set up over at DCA. Where did that model come from?

Surely you're not taking a jab at jab at a 14 year old girl soccer player? I hope not. Being knowledgeable about multiple sports is a good thing. Knowledge is good, don't be afraid.

Pipeline? Kids have historically transferred after 8th grade from local public schools to privates. If you're not aware of this you're a knuckle dragger. Actually, I may have just insulted knuckle draggers everywhere?

It's the exact point I've made throughout this thread. Transfers happen everywhere. Kids want to play for some coaches and attend certain schools.

Lastly, all you have to do to see how good of a job CPA is doing teaching basketball is watch their MS teams. They are very well coached and have good results. Its arguably the best program from a teaching perspective around.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely you're not taking a jab at jab at a 14 year old girl soccer player? I hope not. Being knowledgeable about multiple sports is a good thing. Knowledge is good, don't be afraid.

Pipeline? Kids have historically transferred after 8th grade from local public schools to privates. If you're not aware of this you're a knuckle dragger. Actually, I may have just insulted knuckle draggers everywhere?

It's the exact point I've made throughout this thread. Transfers happen everywhere. Kids want to play for some coaches and attend certain schools.

Lastly, all you have to do to see how good of a job CPA is doing teaching basketball is watch their MS teams. They are very well coached and have good results. Its arguably the best program from a teaching perspective around.

First off there was no jab at a 14 year old soccer player thrown anywhere in my post.  The jab was the fact you said you didn't have a dog in the fight so take your whining over to another board where you do.  You have thrown jabs at Goodpasture and there coach (who you say is a friend yet you bash him on here) because of the opinion you have that they are copying CPA.  Just by reading your posts people can tell that you know very little about the "model" CPA has going. Sure there middle school program is good NOW. That is what happens when you bring in top talent from all over the state and now other states and your program becomes recognized nationally. People want their kids put in the best position to shine.  I'm surprised with all of your drooling over CPA you haven't jumped ship yet and put how ever many kids you have over there. Obviously they have a better program then what DCA can offer, especially in girls sports. I can't wait to read your next "knowledgeable" post about how great the CPA model is, Goodpasture coach is a cheater, and how DCA has a pipeline from Donelson Middle school but it's ok because they are not as good as the other privates.

First off there was no jab at a 14 year old soccer player thrown anywhere in my post. The jab was the fact you said you didn't have a dog in the fight so take your whining over to another board where you do. You have thrown jabs at Goodpasture and there coach (who you say is a friend yet you bash him on here) because of the opinion you have that they are copying CPA. Just by reading your posts people can tell that you know very little about the "model" CPA has going. Sure there middle school program is good NOW. That is what happens when you bring in top talent from all over the state and now other states and your program becomes recognized nationally. People want their kids put in the best position to shine. I'm surprised with all of your drooling over CPA you haven't jumped ship yet and put how ever many kids you have over there. Obviously they have a better program then what DCA can offer, especially in girls sports. I can't wait to read your next "knowledgeable" post about how great the CPA model is, Goodpasture coach is a cheater, and how DCA has a pipeline from Donelson Middle school but it's ok because they are not as good as the other privates.

You seem to lack objectivity? I've not said one negative thing about Goodpasture or their coach. Who by the way has read my posts per a mutual friend and does not believe I've made negative comments about him or the school. Somehow you think the obvious similarities I've explained in detail between the two programs is a slight? That's clearly a reading comprehension issue. I have multiple friends on staff at Goodpasture who have read these posts and share a different opinion than yours. They are building a fantastic program from the 5/6 on up. The HC is a rising star in Nashville and deserves all the credit.

Also, I'm very aware of what CPA is doing since I have close ties to their coaching staff and numerous friends with children that are CPA students. However, your comments, as well as many in this thread including my good friend Bigchief, are based off of rampant speculation and misinformation. BTW, bigchief is connected to Goodpasture and has not shared your same opinion that I've "taken jabs at the coach and school." Pointing out the many similarities is not a slight in any reasonable, objective, mature persons mind.

Lastly, you should really stop this juvenile stuff about DCA, cheating, etc... They take away from the purpose of the thread and make you look petty. My kids are at DCA for a variety of reasons. Athletics are just one of many of those reasons. What school did you attend or do your children attend? I hope it's for more than just athletics? If not I recommend you take a serious look at your priorities.

If you want to discuss this further I'll engage you but this silly stuff needs to stop. It's really unnecessary.

...However, your comments, as well as many in this thread including my good friend Bigchief, are based off of rampant speculation and misinformation... 

In relation to CPA, whether you agree with them or not, I consider those like Bigchief and rulefollower pretty straight shooters so I am curious, which comments are the ones based on "rampant speculation and misinformation?"   I see where Chief states some specifics of why he views it as he does, yet your general response is about deferring and agreeing to disagree.  

If this were a lawsuit, there would be a lot of subpoenas issued!

Some of the questions would be; when you qualify for full financial aid at a DII school, who helped you with finances and allowed you to stay at CPA?

When and where was your first contact with Drew Maddux or any representative of CPA? I seriously doubt many if any "initial contacts" took place in the administrative offices at CPA. Initial contact rule Doug S, look that one up on the TSSAA website.

The big joke of the year is Drew Maddux falling all over himself making the real CPA kids feel good about themselves for hanging on the shirt tails of all the high profile players that have been brought in the last few years! What is it, 140 wins for this year's senior class? How many will it be for next year's seniors? Well at least Blackwell will be a senior next year.

Why doesn't Lipscomb play them in basketball anymore?

What is the question you want me to answer?

Doug S you like to post TSSAA rules. Post one that says that CPA and drew Maddux doesn't violate the initial contact rule. The truth is they intentionally look for loopholes! Honestly, they look for ways to cheat!

you are correct.  i do post what the rules are just to make sure that everyone knows what the official rules are.  I could actually care less if CPA cheats.  As i have said before, I am no fan of CPA or any team east of Jackson and for the fact very few outside of Shelby County.  I have never been to the CPA campus, I have never seen the boys team play and have only seen the girls team play 3 games in a tournament in Hickman County a few years ago.

And as you have said before, you were not present during the initial contact between the player and Maddux as well as 99.99999% of the other posters.  So you dont really know the truth.

why not just hire a private investigator to follow the "coach of your choice" and get some real proof instead of just throwing junk against the wall.

• 1 month later...

The coaches from CPA boast that they have the best Basketball system around, but their AAU program gets beaten in most tournaments because of the system. The best players on the teams actually go to other schools, so without standout players, they are average at best in coaching and developing the talent.

The coaches from CPA boast that they have the best Basketball system around, but their AAU program gets beaten in most tournaments because of the system. The best players on the teams actually go to other schools, so without standout players, they are average at best in coaching and developing the talent.

You've obviously not seen their MS programs play. To suggest they aren't good or well coached is simply not true.

Players coach. You missed the AAU part of that statement. CPA hosts a club called EHB615

except for the older team which plays up a year I think, the rest of the grades doesn't fair too well.

The players on the MS teams that are good players play on travel teams that do train them correctly. The MS coach can't really take all the credit.