Notre Dame 17 - Bledsoe Co. 0

DeKalbsCoachK

Bottom line is soccer needs a mercy rule. We already have a running 80 minute clock. If goal differential is 7 or more, make 2nd half 20 minutes. If losing team cuts the margin to 6 add 5 more minutes time. If they cut it to 5 add another 5 minutes. Every other timed HS sport has this in place. The young kids had their fun and none of our serious players padded their stats. Actually they turned down shots.

Doubt many football players could run for 80 minutes. But that might change with the new SM football coach.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure how you can be affiliated with a faith based school and be completely okay with a merciless beating like a 17-0 soccer score. There should NEVER be a score that high, whether be mercy rule or a coach having some class about himself/herself. When a team pulls these kinds of shenanigans, or Hardin Valley last night, it's obvious that either 1) the coach has no control over his players or 2) the coach has ZERO class. This is HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS. I'm the last person you'll ever hear wanting a coach to take it easy on a team of EQUAL CALIBER but there's also something to be said of a team showing mercy on a team who can't defend themselves. Isn't sports supposed to teach us lessons about life? So how about we look at it from the other side? Are you suggesting that you want your children to see someone who can't defend themselves, say the "nerdy kid" getting picked on all the way to homeless man who's begging for change and not show that person mercy... Should our children look at that person and say "oh well, life is tough"? You can come back and tell me that it's not the same but why are sports supposed to teach us lessons about life but only the ones that are convenient? A coach who allows a team to beat down a team who is noticeably inferior should be removed from his position because that man or woman obviously has no intention of teaching our children proper life lessons, which is their true job. I don't know much about Notre Dame but I know Hardin Valley well and I expect more from Coach McLean than this. Absolutely disgusting acts.

Don't mess with the Irish on St. Patrick's Day!!!!  What, did they take your lucky gold? :mrgreen:

How many district championships have you won, and how many have you played for? I see it shows you won back to back district championships, but once you go so far back it don't show the district tournaments on the schedule/record.

apologizes for that score gents; Booger is almost as bad as Champ about beating coaches up about those scores.....and will continue to do so......not sure where he is on this one,.where it is common place in the NE TN area.....Coach shim is usually very good about curtailing that high of a beat down....was not hear to see that game, but did see the District playoff game the other night and can see how that might have got to that point in a hurry....though the ND boys team is not very good this year.....ND could have easly put 30 on that team the other night and that is with seconds and defenders in the forward positions.....they are bad....sorry that had to happen....Shim has fractional history of that happening over his 12 year stint....that will be his highest score for sure....once again, sorry ND was attached to that

Booger just sayin.

"Just sayin" booger had a soccer player so he gets it! Frankly was surprised Shim let it get that far out of hand. He didn't do it twice. Glad the outer counties playing soccer! That's a ton on kids going to practice and running rather than just exercising their thumbs on a XBox controller or an iPhone. Jackson Co. Came to us first round and parents and players were very nice,