Bearden Tournament

BigG

I was able to catch the FRHS v Oak Ridge and the CPA v Farragut (1st half) Games on Friday @ Farragut. I was impressed with Oak Ridge and thought they outplayed FRHS despite losing 1-0. Oak Ridge's # 9 and #12 played well. I am not sure how CPA fared as it was 0-0 when we left but it was a physical game and both teams were moving the ball up and down.

Edited by nashvillebound

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went up 2-0 in the beginning of the second half and then Farragut responded with 2 goals of their own (all goals scored within a 10 minute span).

VERY fast and VERY physical game.  An exciting game from start to finish.  CPA ran out of gas near the end, as Farragut kept on coming.  We just don't have the depth of the larger schools.  

#11 is such a dynamic forward.  Fun to watch!

A lot of soccer on that field over the weekend.  Amazing how it held up, especially after the rain Thursday.

Didn't get to see CPA and Oak Ridge so my apologies as they sound like very good teams.

Hardin Valley as advertised.  Most/oldest talent in area if they can keep it all together and share the wealth.  

CAK very strong up front.  Hadn't seen Science Hill but their game v CAK looked very close to a high level club game.  SH forward bent a free kick on the ground around the wall for a goal.  Haven't seen a ground bender for a while.

Bearden played lesser teams but looks like a completely different team style than years past.  Impressive group.

Farragut very talented in the middle and on the wings/up top.  Young as well and lots of speed.

I won't lie Nole the weather kept me at bay, but I did keep up with OR scores. How did the boy do? I'm going to come to the next home game whenever that is?

Games at Karns and at Central Wed/Thurs this week.  At home versus Clinton next Wednesday. Blade is playing as well as expected. He is getting a lot of attention from the opposing defenses. Science Hill relaxed a bit and he stole a victory from them. Very satisfying tie.

Edited by OR nole