TSSAA and Spring Fling

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the TSSAA formulated plan for Spring Fling if the Guns in Parks Bill is passed into law? Where would the state tournament be played?

Gerry, not really sure what you mean? Is there be a TSSAA or high school regulation banning events at locations that guns are allowed?  

They could always do what the girls did a few years ago.  Local schools hosted the division games.

Gerry, not really sure what you mean? Is there be a TSSAA or high school regulation banning events at locations that guns are allowed?

They could always do what the girls did a few years ago. Local schools hosted the division games.

http://www.williamsonherald.com/news/article_27b591be-d8b9-11e4-a073-dbf291d8b70c.html

I would venture to say other counties will have this issue as well.

The bill will go to a conference committee next week where state legislators will try to revise the language to clarify that guns will NOT be allowed in parks when local schools are using the parks for sporting events. So no guns will be allowed in any of the parks during Spring Fling.

The fields at Siegel Park are in MUCH better shape this spring. While it will still be another full year before they are back to premier shape, there shouldn't be any "complaints" about the field conditions this year.

• 4 weeks later...

I am disappointed to see the A-AA and AAA finals are scheduled for 1:30 and 4:00 respectively for the second year in a row.  This makes it difficult for high school soccer fans to attend.  This seems like it would hurt attendance.  The Division II games are at 4:00 and 6:30.

The fields are in very good condition.

I had not viewed the championship field until this week. While most of the field is in very good condition there are two rough spots. The quarterfinal and semifinal fields are in very good shape. Huge difference from last year. 

I had not viewed the championship field until this week. While most of the field is in very good condition there are two rough spots. The quarterfinal and semifinal fields are in very good shape. Huge difference from last year. 

a parking lot with weeds would be better then last yeras fields.

Yeah. Saw the District 7-AAA semis Tuesday night. Those two spots are bad. They are unlikely to have any signigicant impact on a game, but boy do they stand out against the rest of the field.

I am disappointed to see the A-AA and AAA finals are scheduled for 1:30 and 4:00 respectively for the second year in a row.  This makes it difficult for high school soccer fans to attend.  This seems like it would hurt attendance.  The Division II games are at 4:00 and 6:30.

Yeah. You get one year with thunderstorms that push the championship game to a late night start and you swing the pendulum so far in the other direction...

Yeah. Saw the District 7-AAA semis Tuesday night. Those two spots are bad. They are unlikely to have any signigicant impact on a game, but boy do they stand out against the rest of the field.

Yeah, its unfortunate about those two spots because the rest of the field looks great. I would say that with all the work they are putting into the fields again this summer that next year all of the fields will be back in very good shape.