Franklin County Rebels 2015 predictions?

The Cavs two 300lb linemen are still out & will miss the scrimmage. Have missed all spring. One has had ACL surgery & the other a shoulder problem. Vic Johnson may be limited as well. He's practicing every day but seems like they're limiting him quite a bit coming off his shoulder surgery. Otherwise pretty healthy. Cavs have over 100 guys out varsity (plus about 40 Freshmen) so there'll be a lot of guys coming in & out. Just hope the weather's good.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try to do that. I try to watch the 1's but my kid is a 2-3 depending on position so if they split the field I may not catch it all.

Hey Squad, I hear your Cavaliers are coming to Gallatin the week before week 1 to play under the lights. Should be a good scrimmage.

Hey Squad, I hear your Cavaliers are coming to Gallatin the week before week 1 to play under the lights. Should be a good scrimmage.

That's great! My son has said all the guys were hoping we would get you guys again in fall camp. They all like the Gallatin guys. After scrimmaging for a few years now they all kinda know each other and have a good time. I'll be there!

Franklin County was very soft up front. Took terrible pursuit angles on Defense. Coffee County was faster and more physical, but had stupid penalties calling back 2 TD's and also turned the ball over 2 times. Both teams will be lucky to finish over 500. Because Stone Cold said so.

Cavs played their 1's for about 5 series each way. The first hour of the scrimmage. With the 1's it was 2-0 Cavs. Scored on a 70 yard pass play, Collins to Zack Poston 1st series and on a 55 yard run by Blake Ashburn on the 4th series. Had at least 4 big plays called back by penalties. Had some trouble sustaining the running game but our two best offensive linemen, both 300 pounders, were on the sidelines operating the chain. Didn't practice all spring due to injury. Vic Johnson was in street clothes on the sideline as well. I figured they'd let him touch the ball a few times but guess they decided it just wasn't worth the risk. We get those 3 guys back and the running game improves dramatically to say the least.

They let Matt Collins start and he threw the 70 yard TD first series. New QB Christian Wilkinson came in 2nd series and looked great as well. Kid has a gun. Made several big time throws, including a 40 yard laser to Gabe Angel on the sidelines that was called back. Looks great in the pocket. Better arm than Collins with Collins being the better runner. Guess they'll let them battle it out through summer & fall camp. Defense looked real good. FC's only score came on about a 45 yard run by big #27 with about 5 minutes left in the scrimmage against the Cavs 4-5 guys.
Cavs got all 110 guys on the field. Got some good work in. Have a lot more work to do.

Edited by THE SQUAD