AAA rankings are updated

BigG

Man, I would have loved to have seen this game!

Was OR up 2-0 and then Farragut scored the last 3 goals?

Yep. That's how it went BigG. Tough loss. Have to give the Admirals credit for hanging around and ultimately beating us. The game was ours for the taking from my understanding. Hopefully we get a rematch in the District Tournament. Edited by SweetScience

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see it, but from what I heard OR controlled most of the game, but of course ended up losing. From my understanding they lost the game, instead of Farragut just being the better team if that makes sense? ORnole could tell you more.

Wasn't there, but my son said Oak Ridge lost the game. OR controlled first half. Should have been up at least 3-0. Played not to lose in the second half. Blade and Jose on offense, everyone else pretty much playing D. Farragut controlled the ball the 2nd half and eventually shots went in. Very disappointing.

Hope to see them in the play-offs. Coach Culbreath always a class guy with his words for my son after the game.

Oak Ridge senior night Thursday vs Powell. kick-off at 7

Edited by OR nole

Was the penalty late to let HVA tie legit?

Yeah Nole it was with about 5 min to go. Very unfortunate. I don't know a lot about soccer but from the crowds and players and coaches from OR displeasure it may have been a questionable call. Great great game. Soccer Cats should hold their heads high. They proved they can play with and almost beat the best this state and one of the best teams in the nation has to offer in HVA.

Yeah Nole it was with about 5 min to go. Very unfortunate. I don't know a lot about soccer but from the crowds and players and coaches from OR displeasure it may have been a questionable call. Great great game. Soccer Cats should hold their heads high. They proved they can play with and almost beat the best this state and one of the best teams in the nation has to offer in HVA.

Thanks. I only have a mom's opinion right now. She could be a little biased.

Thanks. I only have a mom's opinion right now. She could be a little biased.

Like I said I don't know a lot about Soccer, but from what I saw it looked like the OR player may have did a header while he was in the goalie box? I don't know the penalty system in Soccer, but is that a penalty? That's all I could tell. Sorry I am just learning about the sport. This was the first full game I have ever been to and what a game to go to. Very entertaining. OR has some players. Your son, Jose?, and the little blonde haired kid are all fine fine players. The defense is sound. OR has the tools to go far.

The penalty was just a normal foul in the box call. HVA throw-in. The Oak Ridge player was called for being too rough over the HVA player going up for a header. I don't think I have ever seen that called. My player son called BS but he's a little biased also.

I would imagine the football players were rockin' the stands

The penalty was just a normal foul in the box call. HVA throw-in. The Oak Ridge player was called for being too rough over the HVA player going up for a header. I don't think I have ever seen that called. My player son called BS but he's a little biased also.

I would imagine the football players were rockin' the stands

Oh yeah. They were for sure. Was a great environment. Would like to have that 75 minute mark penalty back again. Would've been a sweet victory.

Talked to some OR boys last night.

My point to them was that it proved that OR can beat them.  Their result with Farragut was encouraging, too.  

Looking forward to seeing what they can do in the post season!

Edited by BigG