Next Dyersburg Coach

HoopsTN1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard that Jonathan West (Dresden) and Steve Poindexter (Munford) are both pursuing the job and are being considered.  Lyle Larue is also in the mix, as is a former Dburg assistant who is now in Jacksonville, FL at Arlington Country Day School-- Coach Casey Barksdale.  Coach Barksdale is an assistant at ACD, which is a national powerhouse.  7 state titles since 2005.

Would make things interesting if Sean Stephenson made a return to 13AA....

I've heard Casey Barksdale who would make sense as well. Great relationship with the players and is well liked in the community.

West is not in on the Dyersburg job.

Edited by GCPioneer

Would make things interesting if Sean Stephenson made a return to 13AA....

I've heard Casey Barksdale who would make sense as well. Great relationship with the players and is well liked in the community.

West is not in on the Dyersburg job.

I think Barksdale would definitely win a straw poll among current players.  I would love to see him come back.  I'm unsure about his teaching qualifications though...

I've heard very mixed things about Larue and great things about Kayla Hudson. Two very reliable sources have told me that Poindexter is very interested.  I would think that a decision will be made within the next week or so.  Exciting stuff!

"I've heard Casey Barksdale who would make sense as well. Great relationship with the players and is well liked in the community."

​Not credentialed, and not as well regarded in the community as you've been led to believe. Not well received in the local coaching community as well. Dyersburg needs to move past him if the program is going to continue to be successful.

I would load the Brinks Truck up and back it up to Kayla Hudson's house. Not a coincidence that Crockett County and Bradford are on the rise. Kaitlyn Dudley built Crockett County to a District Championship and Merideth Jacobs has Bradford on the rise. They all know Campbell's system and it is a winner. Kayla was a Heather Butler type piece to the puzzle in Union's Championships and was the MVP at Gleason in the state championship. She will win championships wherever she lands

I would load the Brinks Truck up and back it up to Kayla Hudson's house. Not a coincidence that Crockett County and Bradford are on the rise. Kaitlyn Dudley built Crockett County to a District Championship and Merideth Jacobs has Bradford on the rise. They all know Campbell's system and it is a winner. Kayla was a Heather Butler type piece to the puzzle in Union's Championships and was the MVP at Gleason in the state championship. She will win championships wherever she lands

She sure could play