Lebanon

midsouthvol

If Barrett wants the job, he deserves it. No question about it. The man didn't kill someone, steal money, or abuse children. He deserves a second chance and will do a great job. Only reason Lebanon shouldn't hire him is if they are afraid of winning a lot of basketball games!

• Upvote 1

Glad to see there is a school in the area that takes the emotion out of hiring and isn't afraid of public opinion and wants to win some basketball games. Cory will do great at Lebanon HS.  Good luck Coach Barrett!  :D

"I spent hundreds of hours on the phone talking to people all across the state about Cory because I wanted to make sure this was right," said LHS athletic director Darian Brown.

"After those conversations, it became very clear to me that he's the right person for Lebanon High. Not a single person I talked to had anything negative to say about him."

http://www.wilsonpost.com/breaking----barrett-hired-for-lhs-girls--cms-85693

Edited by WarriorFan

Good hire for Lebanon if that's the case! We all have a lapse in judgement sometimes ! Wishing Cory the best Of luck . We must remember folks everyone deserves a second chance .

Lapse in judgment does not constitute throwing a hs game...that is called a lack of ethics and professionalism. I may say he deserves another chance but please don't try and sugar coat it.

Barrett's father in law is on board in Wilson.

bill robinson...i honestly never heard of the boy until this business with the thrown game. may be a good coach but he is already facing a firestorm of protest. if he wins it may be forgotten...if he loses it will be tough on him...like anyone else.

Stay classy Lebanon. Just goes to show the lack of ethics and character in the Wilson Co. school system. Dickson Co. would not hire this guy because of the issue he had at Riverdale, so come on out to Lebanon and coach. This whole system is a joke from the top down. You have the AD at Lebanon who quit halfway through the year as an asst. Principal at Wilson Central in 2012 only to be hired at West Wilson Middle School as a teacher/bus driver/boys and girls 7-8th grade basketball coach, 1 week into spring basketball practice in 2013 he quit to become Lebanon AD, and got his assistant coach to tell the kids. So he is a real good judge of character. Don't have a problem with Cory Barrett getting a second chance, but he needs to serve some kind of penance for what he did to those girls. Warriorfan and all the others out there who think that he is the second coming, get ready, Lebanon is terrible and not going to be any better for a long time, and he is not going to change that. Anybody want 100 that he is not there for 2 years? While I am on my soapbox great hire by Wilson Central for the boys job.

The Coach deserves a second chance but Lebanon is getting a guy who has never built a program nor left a program in good shape. Basically a .500 coach other than 3 yrs at Riverdale. And took a team with multiple division 1 signees as Seniors to a region tourney loss. Be very interesting and Lenanon didn't have much to choose from.

The Coach deserves a second chance but Lebanon is getting a guy who has never built a program nor left a program in good shape. Basically a .500 coach other than 3 yrs at Riverdale. And took a team with multiple division 1 signees as Seniors to a region tourney loss. Be very interesting and Lenanon didn't have much to choose from.

where has this guy coached besides riverdale? i'm honest when i say other than the scandal i never heard of him...didn't even know he was robinson's son in law.