White County Girls Coach Resigns Sparta

Hey jimbo44, well, I agree with you 100% - he would be a great choice.  And, as for putting the best players on the floor - that's the reason for his success!!!  Too many coaches today, only play the names of the county and the best sit the bench.  Thank goodness for someone with character, morals and values in todays coaches.  I think he would be a dandy for White Co, but, I don't think White Co would stand up for him playing the best.  A lot of those people only want their kid to play and the results don't matter as long as they play.  You know, it's always someone else's fault not my kid, kind of attitude, by some.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have heard they have not had as many to apply unlike what has been posted on here. Dodgen is a good coach but he will not have the talent he has had the last few years at Cannon if he goes to White County. Whoever gets this job better make sure they can handle being criticized and scrutinized because it won't be a walk in the park!

Not trying to put down any of the young ladies from Cannon co. but, there were two or three teams in 8AA that had more total talent than Cannon this year. Coaching made the difference.

Not trying to put down any of the young ladies from Cannon co. but, there were two or three teams in 8AA that had more total talent than Cannon this year. Coaching made the difference.

I agree totally, he did a good job this year and is a good coach. True there were some teams with more talent in 8aa, but with that said a lot of times it boils to chemistry and that relates to personalities of coaches and players. This year wasn't the most talented Cannon team but had good chemistry.

Been following White County girls for 35 years and think Haley might have been their best coach .. He will be hard to replace .  Coachs before him had a lot more talent . He put a lot into it and got better every year . Wish the new coach the best and will support him and the girls .

Been following White County girls for 35 years and think Haley might have been their best coach .. He will be hard to replace . Coachs before him had a lot more talent . He put a lot into it and got better every year . Wish the new coach the best and will support him and the girls .

Summit, I agree. Haley put a lot into it and didn't have the stacked teams of the 90's and early 2000's at his disposal. I think Dodgen is a good coach but he also had a lot of talent the last 4-5 years and overall 8-AA wasn't as great as it once was with Livingston and Upperman as down as I have seen them in a long time. I for one will be interested to see how he does at WC, it is a tough place to coach. Edited by Williecloseout