Boys playng volleyball

RonMexico3

I would love to hear opinions about boys playing volleyball on clubs ( I know, this is high school but there seems to be some very knowledgable posters here I would like to hear form).

My daughter was new to the club scene this year.  I was surprised at the number of boys that we played against in regionjal tournaments.  What did not surprise me was that the teams with boys on them (two seperate teams) won three of the tournaments we enetered and went deep in teh others.  It was obvious the boys had an advatage over the girls in speed, strength, and jumping.

How long are boys permitted to play on a vball team with girls?  Do other people think this is fair or unfair?

although i don't know that its fair, i don't know if anyone can say no...its like girls can play football with the boys because girls football isn't offered, so if boys volleyball isn't offered don't they get to play? 

I get that argument but the counter is the girls playing football, 99% of the time, will not be bigger, stronger, faster than the boys they play against.  That's not the case in volleyball.  It seems like all these boys are stronger and faster.  It's no surprise that the only team with a boy  in a field of 32 teams won the tournamnet. 

Too bad for the boys!  Who knows, If clubs offered more opportunities for boys to play volleyball that might just blow up.  After all look what happened at the men's NCAA division 1 tournament.  Two teams from Chicago in the finals.  Untapped potential in Tennessee.  Maybe K2 or KVA could get that started here.  Or do they already have boys teams?  Would be lots of fun.

• 4 months later...

Boys are only allowed in 12 & under

Yes this post is correct.  My son played for NETVC in east TN for two years.  He had fun and was doing good, but once you turn 12 you can't play anymore.  When we went to tournaments people were very excited to see him play because they did not see man boys playing.  It is to bad for him because he still loves to go with his mom to SS volleyball practice and play when he can.  The Southern Storm in ATL wanted him come play with them, but I don't think a five hour trip for practice is very practical, so football it is :)