Union City

HoopsTN1

How good will the 15-16 team be? Is the kid from Ohio still there? I know they are losing a couple of pieces but their program is always good. Is another district title expected, or will another team in the district be the team to beat? With Mitchell losing a lot and their coach UC may have  shot to win another title if they can replace Deberry and whoever else they lost. Sisco always has a reload, not rebuild mentality up there.

Thoughts?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did lose our coach and a great SR class. Please don't sleep on us. We do return our top 3 reserves who would have started on any 1A team that made the tournament except for UC. Our JV and freshmen teams dominated their leagues last year. Our new coach the "Legendary Andre Turner" will do an excellent job. Our incoming 9th grade class is awesome. They are long and talented. With the regional being held in Memphis this year look out.

I'm not sleeping on you all at all, trust me. What I was trying to say is that UC has a lot better chance then they did last year. Any team that makes it out of Memphis is ALWAYS tough, but you have to admit if they meet up again next year that game would be a lot more winnable then this past year. No disrespect to Mitchell at all. They are a top-notch program year in and year out. 

Union City will probably finish 3rd or 4th in the district. I think Halls, Humboldt, South Fulton, maybe even Lake County will finish in front of UC. They lost more than Deberry, they also lost Stockdale and Simpson. Between those three boys they lost around 3,000 pts. and close to 1500 rebounds. I think it will be a long time before you see them back in the state tournament.

Union City will probably finish 3rd or 4th in the district. I think Halls, Humboldt, South Fulton, maybe even Lake County will finish in front of UC. They lost more than Deberry, they also lost Stockdale and Simpson. Between those three boys they lost around 3,000 pts. and close to 1500 rebounds. I think it will be a long time before you see them back in the state tournament.

I think Halls and Humboldt will be the favorites, but South Fulton,, Gibson Co and Lake co will make a push.Gibson Co lost a couple starters late in the year to injury and Lake Co beat south Fulton twice.I can see U C finishing from 3rd to 5th unless they get some new transfers

I think Halls and Humboldt will be the favorites, but South Fulton,, Gibson Co and Lake co will make a push.Gibson Co lost a couple starters late in the year to injury and Lake Co beat south Fulton twice.I can see U C finishing from 3rd to 5th unless they get some new transfers

I'm guessing all 5 of those teams have a lot coming back from last year. If so this district gets even tougher this upcoming year. A lot of players that have been through it a time or two by then and know what it takes to compete in the toughest single A district in the state.

I'm guessing all 5 of those teams have a lot coming back from last year. If so this district gets even tougher this upcoming year. A lot of players that have been through it a time or two by then and know what it takes to compete in the toughest single A district in the state.

in previous years it has been Union City, Humboldt and Lake Co.This year I think will be the toughest in years from top to bottom.Instead of 3 teams will have about 6.Halls has everyone back.Humboltvand Lake Co havev4 starters back.Pretty sure Gibson Co and South Fulton have everyone back as well.Gibson Co may have lost 1.Union City lost the most but have Stewart, the kid from Ohio back and maybe Sisco and some good players on their bench, one of them being Jeremy Bumpus.So they will be good as well.I think Halls and Humboldt will nnnbe the favorites but Gibson Co, UC, LC, South Fulton and Union City could nnfinish 1stvas well.Lake Co returns the two Jones boys, both made the all n nnnnntournament team and also returns Darius Johnson and 6, 6 Tyler Estes.I nnnlook for Stavonski Wilkes, the football star to be the other starter as he started several games this past season.And LC Had a stud on the middle school team last year about 6'1 Edited by mrbigster

in previous years it has been Union City, Humboldt and Lake Co.This year I think will be the toughest in years from top to bottom.Instead of 3 teams will have about 6.Halls has everyone back.Humboltvand Lake Co havev4 starters back.Pretty sure Gibson Co and South Fulton have everyone back as well.Gibson Co may have lost 1.Union City lost the most but have Stewart, the kid from Ohio back and maybe Sisco and some good players on their bench, one of them being Jeremy Bumpus.So they will be good as well.I think Halls and Humboldt will nnnbe the favorites but Gibson Co, UC, LC, South Fulton and Union City could nnfinish 1stvas well.Lake Co returns the two Jones boys, both made the all n nnnnntournament team and also returns Darius Johnson and 6, 6 Tyler Estes.I nnnlook for Stavonski Wilkes, the football star to be the other starter as he started several games this past season.And LC Had a stud on the middle school team last year about 6'1

Maybe Sisco ?? The coach ??? Wondering?

I hear it's already happened.The Jones kid from South Fulton has already transferred from what I hear,lifting weights with Union City.Drops South Fulton down and moves Union City back toward the front with the Stewart kid from Ohio back,the Polk kid,Sisco,Jeremy Bumpus was like a starter and now the starter from South Fulton.Basically gives them 5 starters back.But still will miss Deberry and Stockdale and Simpson.Especially Deberry.Him being tall and shooting from outside.I think teams will match up with Union City better ,although they will be very talented

I don't think they can get anybody to work under the goal like Sisco and Stockdale. they are still going to have a hard time placing 4th or above. Stockdale and Deberry were the leaders on that team. they should have went to the state when these boys were in the 10th grade, but the coach got out coached by the women from LC and sent home. Only time will tell if they can play with the other teams in the district, I wish them the best of luck, they are going to need it.