2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

OS vs Wartburg

It was a game of runs, highs and lows for both teams.

Wartburg jumped out first to a big lead and led 26-11.  The 2nd quarter was the complete reverse and OS started on a 8-0 run and won the 2nd quarter 26-13.  Both teams had some foul trouble in the first half to key players.

The 2nd half was back and forth until late in 4th when OS had a 6 pt lead with 40 secs to go.  Wartburg fought back and tie it up to send it to the 1st OT.

The first OT was low scoring, both teams scoring 5, OS had a 2 pt lead under a min but couldn't close out once again.  Carroll was inches from hitting a half court shot to end it.

The 2nd OT saw Wartburg score 1st, but Evans nailed a 3 for OS to regain the lead and once again OS had a 6pt lead with about 1:40 to go.  Wartburg once again fought back and tied it up and had the ball with under 20 secs to go.  But a good defensive stand by OS led to Murray taking it to the house and hitting a layup as time expired.  Both teams fought hard.  Hate to say it but I could have watched this game go all night.  It was a great high school game!  

Coalfield vs Oakdale will be finished Monday night the 11th following the Middle School games @ Coalfield!

Finishing up that game later is interesting...

1) I'm assuming that only the players on the books for that night can play now (no players "back from injury" could participate at this point)

2) What if a player is injured now, and it affectes the outcome?

3) Do they have the same refs from that night?

4) Do they have to pay for refs again?

1) I'm assuming that only the players on the books for that night can play now (no players "back from injury" could participate at this point)

Id say Kilby will be back playing in this one as he got hurt during this game. I have no idea about the refs but I would guess that it will be the same ones.

Id say Kilby will be back playing in this one as he got hurt during this game. I have no idea about the refs but I would guess that it will be the same ones.

While I agree that it's fair about the Kilby kid getting to play, I just wonder how Oakdale will feel about a kid getting to "finish" this game, if he wasn't going to be bale to finish originally.

To answer your questions the best I know the answers:

1.  If they weren't on the books that night they will not be able to play.

2.  Injuries are part of the game.  Unfortunately, they happen and you hope both teams are healthy before and after.

3.  We have 2 of the 3 same officials.  Lance Treadway can't be there that night, so another official has been assigned.

4.  We have to pay the officials $25 each.  Security also.  But this is why we are having it after a Middle School game, to help alleviate some of the costs.

Hope that helps you.

You're probably right, but I don't think that would apply here because I think everyone played that night for both teams that could have. I don't recall anyone sitting out for either team. Except the starter that was already out for CF. Obviously, he's out any way. Bet they get stuck with the middle school refs...just a guess. Some of them do HS, so maybe they'll get a couple good ones. Although, let's be honest... The HS games always seem to have one of the three that is a tad underwhelming.

To answer your questions the best I know the answers:

1.  If they weren't on the books that night they will not be able to play.

2.  Injuries are part of the game.  Unfortunately, they happen and you hope both teams are healthy before and after.

3.  We have 2 of the 3 same officials.  Lance Treadway can't be there that night, so another official has been assigned.

4.  We have to pay the officials $25 each.  Security also.  But this is why we are having it after a Middle School game, to help alleviate some of the costs.

Hope that helps you.

too bad on Treadway...he's usually a really good one.

too bad on Treadway...he's usually a really good one.

Yeah he isn't too bad. The biggest thing is picking up in the 3rd and trying to get the same momentum back. A rough situation for the kids to be in. Tried to get it finished that night but it's ultimately the officials final call. Will be different and something we have never experienced, so there's no telling how it will turn out.