2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

To answer your questions the best I know the answers:

1.  If they weren't on the books that night they will not be able to play.

2.  Injuries are part of the game.  Unfortunately, they happen and you hope both teams are healthy before and after.

3.  We have 2 of the 3 same officials.  Lance Treadway can't be there that night, so another official has been assigned.

4.  We have to pay the officials $25 each.  Security also.  But this is why we are having it after a Middle School game, to help alleviate some of the costs.

Hope that helps you.

Glad somebody knew the answers as I was really curious, and would hate to see the regular season title decided in a "fly by night" situation.  Hadn't even thought about the security, etc.  Does this mean that the middle games are getting the benefit of "better" refs that will be there for the high school quarter and a quarter?

Glad somebody knew the answers as I was really curious, and would hate to see the regular season title decided in a "fly by night" situation. Hadn't even thought about the security, etc. Does this mean that the middle games are getting the benefit of "better" refs that will be there for the high school quarter and a quarter?

Yes, middle school will have 2 HS officials for their games and the 3rd will come in for the 10 mins of HS game.

GCA at Concord

concord has two new players one is pg from Germany and he can play. Concord shot the ball very well at home. GCA fluctuated because they rotated 10 deep so the score went up and down from 8-20 pt leads.

GCA finished with 69-57 win and it was a good win. Arnold led the way with 20+ points 14 rebs. I woukd say Ledford and Andrews had some good points and Robby Wyndam back from injury hit his first 3 pf the season.

Rams still undefeated in district. Webb comes to GCA tommorrow night at 6pm. Then GCA at Meigs Co Tuesday Night

GCA at Concord

concord has two new players one is pg from Germany and he can play. Concord shot the ball very well at home. GCA fluctuated because they rotated 10 deep so the score went up and down from 8-20 pt leads.

GCA finished with 69-57 win and it was a good win. Arnold led the way with 20+ points 14 rebs. I woukd say Ledford and Andrews had some good points and Robby Wyndam back from injury hit his first 3 pf the season.

Rams still undefeated in district. Webb comes to GCA tommorrow night at 6pm. Then GCA at Meigs Co Tuesday Night

GCA, I seen you guys won by 44 in the first matchup, are they that much better than they were a month ago , And what position does the other new player run?

OS vs Coalfield

As expected, the gym was hot, the floor got a little slick, and this one wasn't over until the final buzzer as Coalfield holds on for a one pt win.

The game was pretty tight thru 3 quarters and was tied at 52 going into the 4th. Then things got crazy. Coalfield raced out and took a 11 or so point lead and it looked as if Coalfield had it in the bag. Then here come OS in the final 3 or so minutes as OS got hot. But the ralley fell short as the bobcats hit a 3 but didn't have any timeouts under 5 seconds and time expired.

My D4a rankings as of now:

1. Oakdale - they are here until someone beats them.

2-4. OS, Wartburg, Coalfield - too close to call. All games between each have been barn burners!! Get ready for all the tie breakers.

5. Jellico - they have ability to be a spoiler for the top 4, but not ready to be in that group.

6a- Onieda, 6b-Sunbright - Slight edge to Oneida, but both are bottom two.

Give both teams credit down the stretch, CF made about all their free throws, OS was lights out, trading 3s for 2. They must have hit 7 or 8 in the final 2 mins or so. CFs mistake was right before that though. On three straight possessions with an 8 or 9 pt lead, the same kid, an upperclassman at that, shot three straight 14 ft jumpers as soon as he touched the ball in the half court. So, in 3 possessions, they ran near zero time off the the clock with about 3 mins to go. They could have run 90 secs because OS wasn't fouling at that point. As a result, OS had many, many more posssesions than they should have in the final 3 mins+. That poor clock management nearly cost them the game. It gave OS a chance to get in a rhythm instead of going into scramble mode and they started filling it up.

Edited by CAH09

GCA, I seen you guys won by 44 in the first matchup, are they that much better than they were a month ago , And what position does the other new player run?

They are definitely better. 21 the german transfer is a clasic european point guard. In the first game we got sbout 25+ turnovers pressing them. 3 was out in the first game and he is a 3 pt shooter. Combine that with them playing in their home gym and it made them better. GCA is long and lean and when you get us on a smaller non reg court things get crowded. The real story of this game was when we played our best 5 we ran up to 16-18 point leads. When we rested them we couldnt hold the leads. So although the game was mostly never in doubt, concord is getting better and GCA is trying to develop depth for the long haul.

Beating someone by 40 but only playing 5-6 guys won't develop or strengthen us. I thought our coaches massaged the rotation pretty well with that in mind. Our first 5 played well and we had some good stuff out of the bench but losing leads when you substitute - I am sure doesnt sit well with our coach so he will keep working them. We had 12 3s last night and that was good to see, we have mostly been a paint only offense this year with the exception of a few games.

A few random things:

Oakdale had a good week. Handled Sunbright, got revenge for an early season loss by blowing out Monterey, and held on to beat Scott.

I watched some D3 action this week as well. Harriman took on Rockwood yesterday. Harriman looks really good, but Rockwood isn't as bad as their record says. They get good looks, their posts just have to finish. Thompson (transfer from South Doyle) can play. They're not a bad team.

Ready for 10 minutes of Oakdale-Coalfield on Monday! Hahaha. 

They are definitely better. 21 the german transfer is a clasic european point guard. In the first game we got sbout 25+ turnovers pressing them. 3 was out in the first game and he is a 3 pt shooter. Combine that with them playing in their home gym and it made them better. GCA is long and lean and when you get us on a smaller non reg court things get crowded. The real story of this game was when we played our best 5 we ran up to 16-18 point leads. When we rested them we couldnt hold the leads. So although the game was mostly never in doubt, concord is getting better and GCA is trying to develop depth for the long haul.

Beating someone by 40 but only playing 5-6 guys won't develop or strengthen us. I thought our coaches massaged the rotation pretty well with that in mind. Our first 5 played well and we had some good stuff out of the bench but losing leads when you substitute - I am sure doesnt sit well with our coach so he will keep working them. We had 12 3s last night and that was good to see, we have mostly been a paint only offense this year with the exception of a few games.

Do you know how long the German kid has been playing with them? I am not sure if he played vs Meigs or not, they did have a crafty pg if I remember correctly!