2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

MVPs... I'll take Arnold from GCA in 3, and M. Smith from Oakdale in 4. Mckinney at CF is the best all around player, but he'll be in football til mid Nov at least. It'll be Christmas before he's clicking in hoops. That will probably give the edge in the district to Oakdale and MVP to Smith, (MVP to best player on best team?) Arnold is really good, saw him this summer... no one else as good comes to mind in d3. Didn't see the Meigs kid last year.

No clue on playdays.

MVPs... I'll take Arnold from GCA in 3, and M. Smith from Oakdale in 4. Mckinney at CF is the best all around player, but he'll be in football til mid Nov at least. It'll be Christmas before he's clicking in hoops. That will probably give the edge in the district to Oakdale and MVP to Smith, (MVP to best player on best team?) Arnold is really good, saw him this summer... no one else as good comes to mind in d3. Didn't see the Meigs kid last year.

No clue on playdays.

Meigs has the best guard in the district and possibly one of the best In East TN! He could possibly make a run for district mvp if he brings it every night like he is capable of! I would not rule out Meadows name being thrown around some in that conversation , especially if he gets more touches on the perimeter!!

Meigs has the best guard in the district and possibly one of the best In East TN! He could possibly make a run for district mvp if he brings it every night like he is capable of! I would not rule out Meadows name being thrown around some in that conversation , especially if he gets more touches on the perimeter!!

I can agree with that. Moore and Meadows are great players. Outside of GCA players I also like Joe Pace at Harriman. He is a good player amd supreme competitor.

I liked what I saw out of the freshman from Grace up in the Rocy Top league. I would go with Connor for MVP right now but think think the Meadows kid from Meigs could have a big senior year. Its hard to tell about Meigs with three or four starters playing football this year. There should be some good battles this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Well its almost Basketball season. I seen most teams in District 4 this summer an thought I would give my 2 cents worth.

Oakdale​

Coming off a district championship with everyone returning (well sort of). Rumor is Abernathy is not playing his senior season.  I believe Oakdale will not be as good without him. They have arguably best player in district in Maverick Smith. Jackson Hicks will fill the open starting spot and is probably the second best player on team behind Smith. Like everyone in district depth will be a issue. Question is will egos get in way of them winning. At times they play too much ME ball.

Jellico

Seen them play a couple times this summer and they did not look very impressive. Not sure what is going on Coach Reynolds pretty much applied for every open job in East Tennessee.  He openly pursed the opening at Harriman. Will be difficult to get players to believe and play hard for you when you wanted another coaching job so bad. I see them taking a step back this year. Only unknown is you never know who may move to Jellico.

Coalfield

​I​ believe they have most talent in district. They have size, shooters, ball handlers and McKinney. Osborne, Brown and Lee all played great in Fall League. They have the most depth in district, only question is when will football players be available. They will have a lot to say in how the district finishes.

O​liver Springs

​L​ooked better in summer than anticipated. Murray is capable of scoring at will, he could easily be leading scorer in district. Role players looked good only question is can they score enough if Murray is off or  in foul trouble to win.

W​artburg

​T​hey have potential to make biggest jump in district this year.  May be youngest team in district, game I seen they only started one senior. Carroll can score off dribble and from outside. They were one of the best shooting teams I seen this summer. Best Coach in district and this is type of team he likes. Question is can young team mature fast enough to make noise.

O​neida

​​​​​​​​O​nly team that I did not see this summer. Word is they were much improved. Just doesn't seem Oneida is as interested in Boys Basketball as in past and that is sad.

S​unbright

​J​effers won more last year than most people thought he would in 1st year. Should take a step forward in his 2nd year. Kids play hard just have a hard time finding scorers past Freels and Dial.

Pre season predictions

1.  Oakdale / Coalfield

3.  Wartburg

4.  Oliver Springs

5.  Jellico / Oneida / Sunbright  (this is wide open)

Best players in no particular order

Smith - Oakdale

Murray - OS

McKinney - Coalfield

Carroll - Wartburg

Freels - Sunbright

Well its almost Basketball season. I seen most teams in District 4 this summer an thought I would give my 2 cents worth.

Oakdale​

Coming off a district championship with everyone returning (well sort of). Rumor is Abernathy is not playing his senior season.  I believe Oakdale will not be as good without him. They have arguably best player in district in Maverick Smith. Jackson Hicks will fill the open starting spot and is probably the second best player on team behind Smith. Like everyone in district depth will be a issue. Question is will egos get in way of them winning. At times they play too much ME ball.

Jellico

Seen them play a couple times this summer and they did not look very impressive. Not sure what is going on Coach Reynolds pretty much applied for every open job in East Tennessee.  He openly pursed the opening at Harriman. Will be difficult to get players to believe and play hard for you when you wanted another coaching job so bad. I see them taking a step back this year. Only unknown is you never know who may move to Jellico.

Coalfield

​I​ believe they have most talent in district. They have size, shooters, ball handlers and McKinney. Osborne, Brown and Lee all played great in Fall League. They have the most depth in district, only question is when will football players be available. They will have a lot to say in how the district finishes.

O​liver Springs

​L​ooked better in summer than anticipated. Murray is capable of scoring at will, he could easily be leading scorer in district. Role players looked good only question is can they score enough if Murray is off or  in foul trouble to win.

W​artburg

​T​hey have potential to make biggest jump in district this year.  May be youngest team in district, game I seen they only started one senior. Carroll can score off dribble and from outside. They were one of the best shooting teams I seen this summer. Best Coach in district and this is type of team he likes. Question is can young team mature fast enough to make noise.

O​neida

​​​​​​​​O​nly team that I did not see this summer. Word is they were much improved. Just doesn't seem Oneida is as interested in Boys Basketball as in past and that is sad.

S​unbright

​J​effers won more last year than most people thought he would in 1st year. Should take a step forward in his 2nd year. Kids play hard just have a hard time finding scorers past Freels and Dial.

Pre season predictions

1.  Oakdale / Coalfield

3.  Wartburg

4.  Oliver Springs

5.  Jellico / Oneida / Sunbright  (this is wide open)

Best players in no particular order

Smith - Oakdale

Murray - OS

McKinney - Coalfield

Carroll - Wartburg

Freels - Sunbright

Outstanding Post Thanks! 

Did Justin Bowlin from Jellico go on to play in college anywhere. That kid could ball for such a small guy.