2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

Hey I missed this thread some how???? I dont know as much about Oakdales region as I do ours so I am picking Oakdale there based on Maverick.

In our region yea It will come down to GCA and Meigs. Here is the thing guys..... Our two new freshman Gettlefinger and Ledford are as good as anyone on the team or at least comparable to what we lost. Kobe and Luke were good no doubt. Losing Kobe Kellys fire and competitive will is unmeasurable.

Arnold is getting better and better, at least I think so. He is now 6-8 1/2 and 207 lbs. but seeing how we are related and all, I'll let others comment on him lol. Gettlefinger will run the point at 6-3 and Ledford 6-3 is a two year younger and smaller version of Arnold. He is a good good young player. The football guys will be missed early but when Andrews, Wyndham, and Hensley get back we will be formidable dare I say better and more athletic. Add in senior John Holland at 6-4 and our new junior 6-5 transfer from Texas and we are for sure bigger this year.

Meigs has a great coach and talemted team. Meadows in my book is what is great about HS basketball. I love that kids effort and toughness. ZY is ZY we all know his book and they always have like 8 three point shooters on the team.....

So I am picking it

1-GCA Armold and company get it done! Back to state

2- Meigs plays it hard and I think gets back to state. It is possible both teams could make it. I hope so anyway

3- Harriman good athletes and Johnson is back but how good will they be?

4- Tellico - scrappy and the most intense coach in the league seriously .....

5- Rockwood, Midway, Greenback, and Concord just wont be very good I fear. They will battle for the basement

So who is Tellico's new coach?

Grace will be the biggest team in Single A, sounds like, at least in East Tennessee.

With Grace and Meigs, our district is brutal this year. Rockwood adding their two transfers only made what is already a tough district even tougher! Harriman has a lot of raw talent and has the potential to make some noise, but we will see soon! We have a great basketball tradition and making some noise this year sure would be great to see!

With Grace and Meigs, our district is brutal this year. Rockwood adding their two transfers only made what is already a tough district even tougher! Harriman has a lot of raw talent and has the potential to make some noise, but we will see soon! We have a great basketball tradition and making some noise this year sure would be great to see!

Can I get unblocked on twitter for this season? Lol

This is a brief account of what happened from close relations to the situation. Balcom was, from all accounts, a good teacher, we'll liked and respected by the administration, staff, kids @ the school, on the basketball team, and community, hard worker, ran a Christian Club, and did a really good job as a basketball coach @ TPHS. They won 20 games, finished well in a tough district, and made the region tourney in his first year with a mostly Junior laden team. Majority of the team comes back...including 4 starters. Balcom left on his own because he was not supported from Central Office. Specifically, the Superintendent of schools in Monroe County. From my understanding, he wanted to punish a player for not showing up to summer camps and was supported by the school administration (AD and Principal), BUT the kids parents complained to Superintendent and he was then told he couldn't punish the player (running, playing time, etc...). Superintendent stepped over the AD and principal decision on the matter. He basically had lost any power to be a true coach anymore. Certain players and parents could now run the team by complaining about anything they wanted to the Superintendent. By the way, par for the course in Monroe County. This has happened to other coaches as well, which is why they have and always will have a hard time attracting and keeping good coaches. Thee parents of the kid and the Superintendent, for all practical purposes, would now be the coaches of the team. Fairly certain there was some heavy politics involved with the Superintendent and the kids parents that complained (good Ole boy stuff). He was not asked to leave, but felt he would not have any leg to stand on as a coach. Can't punish players, you have no authority to run a program. Or he would have just been a "yes" man to those parents and the Superintendent. He started looking for job openings and took the opportunity that presented itself at a great school like Bearden. In fact, the AD and principal completely understood why he chose to leave the situation. I know the administration @ the school, some school board members that learned what happened, and many parents were not happy with his departure and aren't very fond of the Superintendent for it.

http://m.advocateanddemocrat.com/sports/article_08fa743a-3096-11e5-868a-8f19413977ba.html?mode=jqm

Edited by JoeDirt

This is a brief account of what happened from close relations to the situation. Balcom was, from all accounts, a good teacher, we'll liked and respected by the administration, staff, kids @ the school, on the basketball team, and community, hard worker, ran a Christian Club, and did a really good job as a basketball coach @ TPHS. They won 20 games, finished well in a tough district, and made the region tourney in his first year with a mostly Junior laden team. Majority of the team comes back...including 4 starters. Balcom left on his own because he was not supported from Central Office. Specifically, the Superintendent of schools in Monroe County. From my understanding, he wanted to punish a player for not showing up to summer camps and was supported by the school administration (AD and Principal), BUT the kids parents complained to Superintendent and he was then told he couldn't punish the player (running, playing time, etc...). Superintendent stepped over the AD and principal decision on the matter. He basically had lost any power to be a true coach anymore. Certain players and parents could now run the team by complaining about anything they wanted to the Superintendent. By the way, par for the course in Monroe County. This has happened to other coaches as well, which is why they have and always will have a hard time attracting and keeping good coaches. Thee parents of the kid and the Superintendent, for all practical purposes, would now be the coaches of the team. Fairly certain there was some heavy politics involved with the Superintendent and the kids parents that complained (good Ole boy stuff). He was not asked to leave, but felt he would not have any leg to stand on as a coach. Can't punish players, you have no authority to run a program. Or he would have just been a "yes" man to those parents and the Superintendent. He started looking for job openings and took the opportunity that presented itself at a great school like Bearden. In fact, the AD and principal completely understood why he chose to leave the situation. I know the administration @ the school, some school board members that learned what happened, and many parents were not happy with his departure and aren't very fond of the Superintendent for it.

http://m.advocateanddemocrat.com/sports/article_08fa743a-3096-11e5-868a-8f19413977ba.html?mode=jqm

Don't blame him one bit!!!

District 3:

1. Meigs: They lose Baker kid but keep everything else. 4 starters return as well as contributing subs  (i.e. they have Zy Moore and Meadows with supporting players).

2. Grace: Hard to bet against private schools that usually seem to "find" good players to replace good players.

3. Tellico Plains: Return 4 starters (3 of 4 leading scorers) with only point guard having graduated.

4. Rockwood: 2 transfers from Karns (I believe correct school) plus Miller kid. They will need better guard play to finish higher.

5. Harriman: Gresham and Witherspoon gone. Lack of size will hurt. Does Joe Pace return since his AAU coach was terminated? If so, Harriman has shot at 4th place.

6. Greenback: Return their big man but they need more pieces.

7. Midway: Cawood and Edwards both gone. No real height and team will be young.

Cannot speak to District 4.

Well you're right, we "found" some good ones.  they had been hanging out in our middle school the last 3 years.  Imagine that!