Class A State Bracket

bluecollar

Well I wasn't there so I can't speak to intent of the runner or the fielder. I would say that the fielder has a right to block the path of the runner if he has the ball. The runner does not have a right to swipe at the glove or the fielder. The runner has a right to attempt to get around the fielder but not go through the runner. At any rate, one would hope that the umpire would only eject the runner if it was CLEARLY malicious. Looking back maybe the umpire could have showed some restraint with an ejection. At the same time, maybe the runner could have showed some restraint in regards to the amount of contact.

At the end of the day, if you only score one run then you are not playing your best game.

Do not think it was malicious at all, simply because neither player hit the dirt and the 1B simply jogged off after. Now if we are in bottom 6 after some altercations and both teams have been warned, I can see ejection. But not bottom 1 with little contact. Should have MAYBE issued a warning and called tune me out. The ejection deflated the team and turned the entire game around. Could have been the reason only one run was scored. And Oneida sent 4 players to the age so what. There was 1 walk. And it was on a 3-2 count and the next pitch could have went either way.

Can we get back on topic please? By arguing back and forth you are taking the spotlight away from other teams. Show some respect for the likes of Summertown, Goodpasture, Huntington, Peabody, etc who earned the right to be in this discussion. With Cornersville, I have to see a lot more from them than I did when Summertown thumped them 10-0 last week. I just don't see Cornersville as any kind of threat here.

Same bracket. I'd watch out for any of the eight, it will come down to pitching.  Appears that Summertown and Grace have the staffs to pitch 4 games from the research I have done.

Anyone in the tournament now has a chance, matchups and pitching depth are now primary key to success to get thru. How many games of Goodpasture have you seen Vandychris? I have watched most of Summertown's games. Summertown has mostly gone with the pitching of Beard, Landrum, Riddle, Bailey, Burleson (with some spot pitching by Giles and Ambrose)