Class A State Bracket

bluecollar

And it is only goin to get worse.  Now the tssaa is working on a plan to get all schools with only one good pitcher ellmimated from tourney play early in a  quick district, regional and sectional.where they cannot reach the state tournement.  This will only let the private schools recruit more good pitchers and weed out most of the public schjools.

I sure hope we split soon so we can move on to something else to talk about. Grace kids played their heart out and they only won because they pay to go to school....Summertown's kids played awesome and they only lost because they get on a school bus.... gimme a break on both....its baseball and sometimes games come down to who makes plays....so lets split and then we can give both teams and their kids their just due!

Edited by skydogg25

I sure hope we split soon so we can move on to something else to talk about. Grace kids played their heart out and they only won because they pay to go to school....Summertown's kids played awesome and they only lost because they get on a school bus.... gimme a break on both....its baseball and sometimes games come down to who makes plays....so lets split and then we can give both teams and their kids their just due!

They didn't win because they pay to go to school. That's absurd.  They won (and win consistently) because they have good players and good coaches who work hard to be good.  To me it's not a "pay to go to school issue".  To me it's that public A and AA schools are playing the hands they are dealt, privates are not.  And for every kid that goes to a private school.... it is also a player taken away from a public school.  It doesn't matter if it is fair or not, but year after year half the teams in the A and AA tournaments are private schools.  Thats a trend, not a coincidence.  A split would be good for both the public schools and the private schools IMO.  I think especially in DII-A, the addition of Knox Grace, Boyd, etc. would make for a better tournament.  If your gonna have classes they need to be equal across the board.  Otherwise, do away with classes and let the chips fall where they may. 

They didn't win because they pay to go to school. That's absurd.  They won (and win consistently) because they have good players and good coaches who work hard to be good.  To me it's not a "pay to go to school issue".  To me it's that public A and AA schools are playing the hands they are dealt, privates are not.  And for every kid that goes to a private school.... it is also a player taken away from a public school.  It doesn't matter if it is fair or not, but year after year half the teams in the A and AA tournaments are private schools.  Thats a trend, not a coincidence.  A split would be good for both the public schools and the private schools IMO.  I think especially in DII-A, the addition of Knox Grace, Boyd, etc. would make for a better tournament.  If your gonna have classes they need to be equal across the board.  Otherwise, do away with classes and let the chips fall where they may. 

Sarcasm my friend...We at Boyd don't mind the split...by the way we have had no new kids come in but have lost several kids to get this...the public schools.....Ive coached in both and for me didn't care in either...but as I said if we split then maybe we can discuss how good the Giles kid is from Summertown instead of why maybe Grace had an edge just because they are a private...just my opinion

And it is only goin to get worse.  Now the tssaa is working on a plan to get all schools with only one good pitcher ellmimated from tourney play early in a  quick district, regional and sectional.where they cannot reach the state tournement.  This will only let the private schools recruit more good pitchers and weed out most of the public schjools.

Huh?  What plan is TSSAA working on?  Some of us have been trying to get baseball post-season changed for well over a decade and TSSAA has not been willing to change....

Thanks to David and the rest of the staff at Riverdale for their warm hospitality during the state tournament. They went above and beyond to make sure we had everything needed to cover the games. Jones Field is an excellent Spring Fling venue.

Congratulations to Grace Christian on their first state championship and Summertown on their runner-up finish. Hope to see Peabody back in Murfreesboro next year.

Thank You for the kind words.  We love our baseball at Riverdale and I hope it shows....  Peabody was fun to watch. Your outfield looked like the 69 Mets with all their great catches all week.   Tell your coach to sign up for our Warrior Spring Classic in March B):popcorneater:

Edited by davidlimbaugh

Sarcasm my friend...We at Boyd don't mind the split...by the way we have had no new kids come in but have lost several kids to get this...the public schools.....Ive coached in both and for me didn't care in either...but as I said if we split then maybe we can discuss how good the Giles kid is from Summertown instead of why maybe Grace had an edge just because they are a private...just my opinion

Giles kid is just a junior. Tremendous player and guy off the field. He had a great season and an excellent tournament! Look for him and the Eagles to be back next year.

Giles kid is just a junior. Tremendous player and guy off the field. He had a great season and an excellent tournament! Look for him and the Eagles to be back next year.

Was fun to watch hitting triples - set new record with 4.  He plays hard....   Great player.   Peabody and Summertown need to come back for our Warrior Spring Classic and meet again :thumb:

To say that it's an even playing field between privates and publics is a bit absurd. A blind man in the dark could tell you that it's not. However, it is what it is and all the teams knew this before the season began. What would you privates say if TSSAA allowed kids to go to any schol they wished? No zones at all. If a kid from Houston County can really swing it and Farragut likes him, the parents can work it out, he can signed up in the fall for classes in Knoxville??? I don't want to take anything away from any private school team, they work hard and if they win the championship, well then they earned it, but why have field leveling classifcations at all if some teams have different rules than the others? Makes zero sense. I would like to see stricter zoning rules, keep the classifcations, move all privates over to their own, have championships for each classifcation and then have those champs compete in a winner takes all tournament of champions for a true State champion. This would probably mean that in football 20 teams out of the whole state get left out of the playoffs instead of just 5, but we got to make room. I just thought I'd drop my two cents in, don't have a dog in the fight and don't really care, but I would really love to see that TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS!!

To say that it's an even playing field between privates and publics is a bit absurd. A blind man in the dark could tell you that it's not. However, it is what it is and all the teams knew this before the season began. What would you privates say if TSSAA allowed kids to go to any schol they wished? No zones at all. If a kid from Houston County can really swing it and Farragut likes him, the parents can work it out, he can signed up in the fall for classes in Knoxville??? I don't want to take anything away from any private school team, they work hard and if they win the championship, well then they earned it, but why have field leveling classifcations at all if some teams have different rules than the others? Makes zero sense. I would like to see stricter zoning rules, keep the classifcations, move all privates over to their own, have championships for each classifcation and then have those champs compete in a winner takes all tournament of champions for a true State champion. This would probably mean that in football 20 teams out of the whole state get left out of the playoffs instead of just 5, but we got to make room. I just thought I'd drop my two cents in, don't have a dog in the fight and don't really care, but I would really love to see that TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS!!

Ive had a lot of kids to transfer in at the public school I coached at while again have had Zero yes Zero come to Boyd. There is no such thing as an equal field and to keep talking about it in my mind seems silly....but again as I've said for two years let's split so we can move on because I get so tired of the Private school won because they are private but if the Public school wins a championship like they have in the past then it's because they worked so hard....again I have had champions from both and they both work hard and the Publics have kids bounce around transfer at a great rate too

Edited by skydogg25

It's not a level playing field. But it is the field that we must play at this time. I just get tired of hearing it on here. You have a legitimate complaint but this isn't the TSSAA complaint forum. How many of the complainers have taken the time to repeatedly contact TSSAA? How many have taken the time to organize a campaign that TSSAA a can't ignore? If you really felt strong about it you would call them everyday and have every public Single A fan you know, call them every day. But instead, you come here and complain year after year.

How has that worked for you?

Edited by bluecollar