Science Hill defeats Hardin Valley, 2-0! Toppers advance to title game

TFL2001

Great win for the boys from Johnson City as they knock off previously unbeaten HVA. Now bring that championship title back to The Hill! Not only do the players deserve a ton of credit but how about first year head coach, Coach Strickland? Taking a program to the state title game in his first season as HC. 

Edited by TFL2001

Great win for the boys from Johnson City as they knock off previously unbeaten HVA. Now bring that championship title back to The Hill! Not only do the players deserve a ton of credit but how about first year head coach, Coach Strickland? Taking a program to the state title game in his first season as HC.

WHAT?! Hardin Valley couldn't win this one 17-0?! Great preparation team... Enjoy your summer!

Houston and Science Hill met in a classic championship game in 1996. I expect this one to be another great game.

They also met earlier this season, back in March, with Science Hill winning 2-0. Tomorrow night's game should be a great one though.

Go Toppers!

Edited by TFL2001

Houston possessed the ball tremendously more than Science Hill today. I'm not sure why Science Hill did not mark more aggressively in their zone. 

I hated to see two penalty kicks awarded. Neither looked obvious from the stands, and on that criteria, Science Hill probably deserved one as well. 

Houston keeper came up big late with an incredible save.