(Chattanooga)CENTRAL Purple Pounders 2015

GOOSESDAD

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I follow and keep up with all the local teams as much as possible.  I wish the young boys at Central the best.  Having said that I can never pull for or support a coach or program who has a coach that got hired because of a lawsuit based on his race.  No one should ever be treated better or worse because of the color of their skin. 

I follow and keep up with all the local teams as much as possible.  I wish the young boys at Central the best.  Having said that I can never pull for or support a coach or program who has a coach that got hired because of a lawsuit based on his race.  No one should ever be treated better or worse because of the color of their skin. 

+1000

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a group of boys from central other day....they said they where all linemen for Central,do not know,if they were seniors or what,but very small for linemen and linebackers.They had a good attitude,said they've been working hard.Maybe they will surprise some people?

LIne is very young and inexperienced except for one and he is small.  

QB...same.

We have a few athletes still there but lost some important ones.

Coaching staff...comparable to the staff at Howard.

This year will really get the entire program headed back in the wrong direction and even more kids will flock to Ooltewah and other places.

I wish the young kids the best.

QB...same.

This year will really get the entire program headed back in the wrong direction and even more kids will flock to Ooltewah and other places.

#SMDH

QB...same.

I think you are correct..hope not

QB...same.

Tis, I have always liked your post and have always let u say your thoughts but how do you say that this staff compares to Howard's High staff and also where did you get the amount of starters coming back. On offense Funk will b missed and I am sure that the line will be a little bigger than what u have said. Also Tis the coach that is there now has nothing to do with the school administration. He was put in by the County School Super agreement that the School Board lawyer made not the school principal. He was not recommended for the job by the principal The decision that came as a result of that law suit belongs at the county Dep of Education. NO I don't like it because he got the job because of the law suit. It was not the school principal that made that decision . It was the Supers office. The hiring of the Coach was made there and sets an example for all following coach hires. The Education department said they were not going to fight the hire so settled the suit that way. If kids transfer then they better have moved. Also you have a Department of Educ that signs waivers for some these kids. Some kids tried but had not moved and therefore were not able to go where they thought they were going to be able to play. They have some decent size. I am not going to argue about any of this . Just let this situation play out and don't quit supporting that ream because the principal had nothing to do with that situation. Coach Carter is still coaching and coach Eller is back along with Coach Plemons. The assistants are good men and know here job. I hope you will continue to support the school.