Why doesn't maryville play other states top teams?

There's a lot of truth in what you said.  Maryville is very much like the smartest kid in summer school.  You figure the coach would try and throw in a decent opponet with all those creampuffs.  And don't give me Alcoa....they are a 4A team that plays a soft schedule too.

Oops you are about to lose your "know it all" status. Alcoa was 3A last time I checked. 2A qualifier, Moved up to 3A unless I am mistaken.Why don't you just change your name to "Judge and Jury" and be done with it. 

You keep talking about this "open enrollment" like you have facts and figures. I bet over half of the schools in the state have a kid that doesn't live close to it attending. Some go out of "zone" for free. In fact, the school gets money from the state for them. Here is a fact, every one of our players is a student at MHS or MJHS.

Oops you are about to lose your "know it all" status. Alcoa was 3A last time I checked. 2A qualifier, Moved up to 3A unless I am mistaken.Why don't you just change your name to "Judge and Jury" and be done with it. 

You're right, I gave them more credit than they deserve.  So Maryville's toughest scheduled opponet is a 3a school.  Got it.

Lets all face the reality here. The reason that Maryville doesnt play the big schools or big named out of state schools is the $$$$$$. The flow of money and open enrollment fees keeps flowing for one reason, they win. The losses would tarnish their man made dynasty and would stop the flow of cash and players into the school!!

How many of their starters have been tuition students the past few years? How much tuition money have they collected the past few years from students participating in football?

And lets say that I said, you are a Riverdale guy who for the entire time Maryville was in 4A spouted off that they would be killed if they moved up with the "big boys" in 6A, only to see that did not happen and on top of that Maryville has manhandled his team each time they have played. 

Now let's say you had to prove your statement above and I had to prove mine? Who do  you think could do so with the most credible evidence?

Edited by mhs

You keep talking about this "open enrollment" like you have facts and figures. I bet over half of the schools in the state have a kid that doesn't live close to it attending. Some go out of "zone" for free. In fact, the school gets money from the state for them. Here is a fact, every one of our players is a student at MHS or MJHS.

Your right they are students but because its an open enrollment school their paying their fees to go there.. And the last time i check being out of the zone and going to another school was a TSSAA violation. 

I was sort of jealous that it wasn't us getting a chance at Hoover to put all this talk to rest. Especially when we were up 37 to nothing early in the game Friday Night.

Even Maryville fans agree.  It gets boring watching the same ole same ole.  No wonder why some of ya'll have been complaining about home game attendance.  Everyone knows what to expect.

After going to Maryville a couple of seasons ago, it was apparant that most Maryville parents and fans are not like the loudest and most ardent supporters here.  The Rebel keyboard tough guys here create stains on the integrity of the program if you ask me....Just look at all the vitriol in the last 40 pages.  If you use this board as a base to form opinions about Maryville fans, you would be dead wrong.

Now, as I watched Blackman and Oakland get thrown to the wolves last Saturday I wondered how Maryville would have done.  Not out of spite as some of you like to espouse.  But Alabama sent their best, and now, they are all down there talking about how Tennessee football is soft and not up to Alabama and Georgia standards.  Surely it would be exciting to see our best vs their best.

Like I said before, Maryville will probably go 15-0 this season.  Great coaching and a great system.  We all know it.  Nothing new to see here unless your kid is on the team.  Now, imagine the spectacle it would have been had it been Maryville coming to the Boro to play Hoover.

But according to some of you, its not worth it because the team makes more money off of the gate at a home game.  Whatever floats your boat.

I am on a national board for football. There are plenty of teams all over who do not play many if any OOS games.

McEachern in Georgia ranked top 30 by most will not play a single game OOS this year. I can name many more.

Brentwood Academy and most of the privates play those games out of necessity because it's next to impossible to schedule. Maybe that will change a bit given that all 6a schools make the playoffs now.

Sure - many people would love to see maryville vs Hoover or a traditional power from another state. My money is on it happening sooner than later. Maryville doesn't owe anything to the state of TN outside of its own community to play any game other than the schedule they wish.

The being scared arguement holds no water with me whatsoever because even if maryville lost a game badly versus xyz team - what does that mean ? People would think more of them if they beat an OOS team because they have beat pretty much every in state team? Am I understanding this correctly ????

To even hear someone from Murfreesboro say a word about this amuses me given your horrendous record against Maryville. I don't know the outcome of Maryville vs Hoover or Maryville vs CC but my guess is better than the games last Saturday.

A loss or a win would certainly not tarnish or improve the image of a program that many teams in this state strive to immulate . Envy is an ugly emotion. When you win everyone wants to tear you down. I've said this a million times - if your neighbor has a Ferrari you don't go over and beat it with a hammer because you don't own one.

As high school football fans, we always want to see a great game between heavyweights. As a coach, you get paid to win games. It is not about what teams you beat in the season unless it puts you in a better playoff position. It is about winning the one at the end.

Maryville has a system that works, so, I can't blame them for sticking with it.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

Your right they are students but because its an open enrollment school their paying their fees to go there.. And the last time i check being out of the zone and going to another school was a TSSAA violation. 

No, it's not a violation. You don't know how to check very well. I bet you didn't check at all.

Hey eye wuz fer tha RuCo teems when'st tha played Allybammy......Hear's tha deel.....RuCo's teems haiv haid thair feelins (and maybee butts) hert when'st thay've played tha Allybammy teems and evur time thay've played Mairvul inn tha semmys.....We all git hit.....

Az fer RM3.....He spends moore time on a Mairvul thread thain eye do....so....

hgh2.gif

Like I said before, Maryville will probably go 15-0 this season.  Great coaching and a great system.  We all know it.  Nothing new to see here unless your kid is on the team.  Now, imagine the spectacle it would have been had it been Maryville coming to the Boro to play Hoover.

I think we would do a home and home instead of coming to Murfreesboro to play Hoover. One of our former principals is in the Hoover system now.