"CANCELLED" Coach Jeff BeDard Wrestling Camp at Gibbs High School

hrdcrwrestler

It's to bad that this camp was cancelled.  I don't know if the market is over saturated with camps/clinics or if kids just don't want to attend camps anymore but there is a problem with wrestling camps in Tennessee.  Back in the day kids from Tennessee would travel to Virginia Beach for the Granby Camp, Ames Iowa for the Iowa State Camp, Iowa City, Iowa for the Dan Gable Intensive Camp, etc...today I hardly ever hear of kids going to "Technique" camps. 

It's to bad that this camp was cancelled. I don't know if the market is over saturated with camps/clinics or if kids just don't want to attend camps anymore but there is a problem with wrestling camps in Tennessee. Back in the day kids from Tennessee would travel to Virginia Beach for the Granby Camp, Ames Iowa for the Iowa State Camp, Iowa City, Iowa for the Dan Gable Intensive Camp, etc...today I hardly ever hear of kids going to "Technique" camps.

I think this year they're all at the Carolina beaches swimming with the sharks

I think this year they're all at the Carolina beaches swimming with the sharks

Sorry to inform you that 99.9% are not tough enough to swim with the sharks.  We are so soft in Tennessee we now have three (3) state champions per weight classification and we have less than 200 schools with wrestling programs.   Nothing more than the YMCA philosophy of everyone get's a trophy so they can feel good about themselves.  We sure don't want anyone to get their feeling hurt in high school athletics!  It's better to wait until someone is an adult to learn that life is difficult and not always fair.

Edited by cbg

I believe Georgia has been watered down to but they do have many more counties and many more schools and larger population base to have their divisions. But here is the fruits of a good feeder program...

Archer's Bullard brothers commit to N.C. State wrestling

Story by From staff reports

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Two of the nation’s top wrestling recruits, Archer brothers Thomas and Daniel Bullard, made commitments Sunday to North Carolina State.

The brothers, key components in the Tigers’ sweep of the traditional and duals state championships the past three seasons, are both among the country’s top wrestlers. Thomas is ranked second nationally at 160 pounds and Daniel is ranked fourth at 170. They chose N.C. State over Iowa State, Cornell, Missouri, Michigan, Virginia Tech, Virginia and North Carolina.

“I am very proud of both of these young men,†Archer head coach Tom Beuglas said of the brothers, who are 4.0 GPA students in almost all Advanced Placement classes. “They are winners in every sense of the word. In the classroom, in the wrestling room and they are perfect gentlemen off the wrestling mat. They have been a pleasure to coach these last three years. Their positive attitude makes them a lot of fun to be around, and they are very supportive of the younger wrestlers and the team.

“They are what a champion should be. They are deserving of every accolade that they are receiving and I know that N.C. State University is getting two fantastic student-athletes. Full scholarships in wrestling are very hard to come by. The coach there will not be dissappointed.â€

Daniel has a 114-9 record at Archer, and Thomas has a 110-8 career mark. Both are three-time state champions for the Tigers.

Thomas is a three-time national champion and Daniel is a two-time national champion with a third-place finish to his credit. Thomas also won the Super 32 title and Daniel was first in the Powerade tournament.

I believe Georgia has been watered down to but they do have many more counties and many more schools and larger population base to have their divisions. But here is the fruits of a good feeder program...

Archer's Bullard brothers commit to N.C. State wrestling

Story by From staff reports

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Two of the nation’s top wrestling recruits, Archer brothers Thomas and Daniel Bullard, made commitments Sunday to North Carolina State.

The brothers, key components in the Tigers’ sweep of the traditional and duals state championships the past three seasons, are both among the country’s top wrestlers. Thomas is ranked second nationally at 160 pounds and Daniel is ranked fourth at 170. They chose N.C. State over Iowa State, Cornell, Missouri, Michigan, Virginia Tech, Virginia and North Carolina.

“I am very proud of both of these young men,†Archer head coach Tom Beuglas said of the brothers, who are 4.0 GPA students in almost all Advanced Placement classes. “They are winners in every sense of the word. In the classroom, in the wrestling room and they are perfect gentlemen off the wrestling mat. They have been a pleasure to coach these last three years. Their positive attitude makes them a lot of fun to be around, and they are very supportive of the younger wrestlers and the team.

“They are what a champion should be. They are deserving of every accolade that they are receiving and I know that N.C. State University is getting two fantastic student-athletes. Full scholarships in wrestling are very hard to come by. The coach there will not be dissappointed.â€

Daniel has a 114-9 record at Archer, and Thomas has a 110-8 career mark. Both are three-time state champions for the Tigers.

Thomas is a three-time national champion and Daniel is a two-time national champion with a third-place finish to his credit. Thomas also won the Super 32 title and Daniel was first in the Powerade tournament.

Soms, please read the following:

Population for the State of Tennessee 6.5 million

Population for the State of Georgia 10 million

Population for Metro Atlanta 5.5 million