Middle TN Players

RonMexico3

Brentwood is loaded with hitters. Simply loaded. Senior Kaela Massey is the best middle in middle TN. Then they have junior outside Kamryn Carter, sophomore outside Garrett Joiner, and a 6'1" freshman outside who is already getting D-1 looks. Then they have a great libero in Lil Schwarz.

Catch Centennial OH Emily Brooks and Ravenwood RS Sophia Cerino. Both very powerful hitters.

As for setters the best one is Harpeth Hall's 6'1" Lauren Bars. I'm 90% sure she's right handed but she uses her left one very well. Also Page's senior setter Riley Rapert is very athletic and runs the court very well.

Siegel has 2 DI commits, Liz Bossong (L) and Asha Phillips 6 rotational (OH).  Leah Poarch (OH) is also a Prepvolleyball player to watch.  Katelyn Lester (MH) will be tough. Their setter is left-handed, Kristin Demonbreun (sp?).

Franklin setter, Breanna Carlton, (not left-handed) is a very good setter and will make her hitters even better.

• 1 month later...

Need to bounce something off all TN high school volleyball fans/parents but especially the Mid Tenn folks.

I have a middle school aged daughter who loves volleyball and has been physically gifted.  She plays travel and has been on the 1 team every year she's played.  We are moving but staying in Williamson county.  Here's my question:  If everything between Brentwood, Centennial, Franklin, and Ravenwood high schools were the same (academics, location, teachers), what high school would you want your daughter to attend based on the current volleyball program and its future 5-7 years down the road?  I know this is very subjective and will generate opinionated replies but thats what I want to hear..........Thanks in advance

Need to bounce something off all TN high school volleyball fans/parents but especially the Mid Tenn folks.

I have a middle school aged daughter who loves volleyball and has been physically gifted.  She plays travel and has been on the 1 team every year she's played.  We are moving but staying in Williamson county.  Here's my question:  If everything between Brentwood, Centennial, Franklin, and Ravenwood high schools were the same (academics, location, teachers), what high school would you want your daughter to attend based on the current volleyball program and its future 5-7 years down the road?  I know this is very subjective and will generate opinionated replies but thats what I want to hear..........Thanks in advance

Leaving BGA? What Club does your daughter play for RM?

Edited by SummaryJudgment

No, my son graduated from BGA a couple years ago.  I have two that will be in middle/high school at the same time so the thought of paying $50k a year is tough.  We are weighing all our options at the moment. 

Gotcha. Didn't mean to set you up. I was going to say if you were leaving BGA and played at CW then you would want to consider other club options as well b/c your days as a ones dad would be over.

To answer your initial question instead of asking my own.....

I don't think this will be particularly opinionated or even very helpful. And some of it you probably already know, but.....

At the moment you couldn't go wrong with any of those four choices. They are all well coached teams. But you're not looking at the moment.

Brentwood is Brentwood. The only question is how long will BC continue to coach. My guess is at least another 3-5 years. Her freshman class, whether by moving, grandfathering, or promotion from BMS, is loaded with talent. She has a few more championships in her.

Ravenwood and Centennial are kind of in the same boat. Both have first year coaches with proven track records, similar calm demeanors, stocked with very good talent in the younger grades, and Alliance ties. I think both those programs are going to be tough to deal with in the coming years.

Franklin is a good story this year. Their second year coach (who won a state title at Boyd Buchanan) is getting it done. They are beating everyone in District 11 AAA not named Brentwood. She also has a few talented sophomore and freshmen players. She is switching over to Alliance this club season so maybe she will be able to encourage a few more girls to play year round. That would help the overall program.

To answer your initial question instead of asking my own.....

I don't think this will be particularly opinionated or even very helpful. And some of it you probably already know, but.....

At the moment you couldn't go wrong with any of those four choices. They are all well coached teams. But you're not looking at the moment.

Brentwood is Brentwood. The only question is how long will BC continue to coach. My guess is at least another 3-5 years. Her freshman class, whether by moving, grandfathering, or promotion from BMS, is loaded with talent. She has a few more championships in her.

Ravenwood and Centennial are kind of in the same boat. Both have first year coaches with proven track records, similar calm demeanors, stocked with very good talent in the younger grades, and Alliance ties. I think both those programs are going to be tough to deal with in the coming years.

Franklin is a good story this year. Their second year coach (who won a state title at Boyd Buchanan) is getting it done. They are beating everyone in District 11 AAA not named Brentwood. She also has a few talented sophomore and freshmen players. She is switching over to Alliance this club season so maybe she will be able to encourage a few more girls to play year round. That would help the overall program.

Thanks for the info.........I'm going to the Brentwood vs. Indy game tonight

Thanks for the info.........I'm going to the Brentwood vs. Indy game tonight

You're welcome. It should be a short night for you! Indy is struggling. At least you'll get to see three sets. If you really want to get your money's worth you should come to A-Game tomorrow. The Brentwood Invitational starts at 4:00 and carries on through to Saturday night. 32 teams including the two best in TN (Webb and Brentwood) and three of the top six teams in Alabama including #1 Mountain Brook.

One thing I forgot to say about Ravenwood is that half their freshman team will be the starting varsity at Nolensville HS next year. The three freshman players who are on their JV and two frosh on their varsity will remain at RHS though. And a thought about Franklin...their coach is married to the Spring Station AD and they live in Spring Hill. If the Summit job ever opened up I wonder if she would consider it. Not saying she would. For all I know her husband maybe looking to go to FHS.