Best Players Ever

K2ruth

Knoxville has two Juniors, one at Bearden and another at Farragut, who are the two top players in the State. My question is whether one district has ever had the two top players at the same time? While it will be fun to watch, I am still concerned that these two elite players risk burnout and injury by playing high school.

No, you have no clue. These are the two best players in the state, the best I've ever watched in high school. I agree with fly, they should have won the state last year. The problem was not getting the ball to the best player when they needed it. Won't happen this year. She hits from all six positions and cannot be stopped.

I don't know how to respond. Hames at Webb is, in my humble opinion, the best player in Knoxville right now. Has a huge upside, and will continue to develope, but I would not say she is the "best ever? ". The Farragut player is solid, and a really good player, but not in the discussion. The Bearden middle has the size, and could be a special player. I think she is making a big mistake playing at Bearden, if I were her I would immediately transfer to Webb to play with Hames and be coached by Hames. Keep in mind "committing" is not the same as "signing" and I am not impressed with the Bearden coaching.

I wish I could remember names, but there have been 4-5 Brentwood kids over the last 18 years that were the best I have seen.  Brewster (Notre Dame) and the setter they had was incredible.  A few years ago I think DB had two of the best players on the same team.  Setter/Hitter combo.  Ravenwood had a setter (auburn) and hitter Kat (Alabama) combo that were incredible.  There was girl at Germantown the last time they won the state that was so good.   Anderson County has had a couple of combinations that have been great too.   Farragut has a good one now, but she isn't greatest ever quite yet.  She is a joy to watch though.   Tennessee is getting better and better.  Very exciting. 

Well the topic says Best player ever. So I'm just going to throw a name out there. Amy Geren . Now Amy McGowan current Cleveland high assistant. Won the state Volleyball and was named MVP of the tourney twice. Also only player to be named MVP of girls bball tourney on the runner up team. Went on to play BBALL at Clemson .

• 1 month later...

The proof is in the results. Farragut and Bearden are both headed back to the state tournament and could meet in the state finals. The two superstars went head to head in the District Finals and will have to have a repeat Tuesday in rage Regional Finals. What's funny is that neither player can be stopped. The team will win which has the coach that uses their star the most. In District that was Farragut. The Bearden coach needs to wise up and play Chesney on the back row so she can hit from six positions like the Farragut star. That way these two can battle it out!