Oakland- Hoover

hardtackle

Overall Tennessee football has improved over the past 10 years. No it's not on the level of Alabama - Georgia but it's improving. One needs to just go to Cobb county and look at one of the schools there to see. They are huge and the facilities at some of these schools are in line with the top private schools here in Tennessee. Last year collectively with maryville - Oakland - blackman -MBA - ensworth - west - Fulton - I would imagine those teams would have stacked up fairly well against OOS competition.

Too early to tell this year but for certain Murfreesboro is down and rebuilding. Not sure why Oakland does not run the spread with the athletes they have.

Realistically there are only 3 teams in the state this year who would be competitive with CC ( and I believe CC would beat Hoover ) Maryville - BA and MBA.

BA was up 41-0 on Olive Beanch MS at half - Maryville has looked really good in pre season and first game. MBA beat Hewitt - Trussville at home . HT in some Alabama polls was ranked ahead of Hoover.

I was at the CPA - Peachtree Ridge game and from what I saw - if they play like they did against PTR every week they are as of now in my top 5.

Someone said earlier only team that can match an CC or a Hoover is Maryville or possible a large private school. Not just anyone can get a job in Alabama at the big football schools. Alcoa coach tried and could not get a job. Different mindset and importance placed on success at the bib football schools in Alabama. Most coaches do not even have a hard class load or none at all. No expense is sparred with hiring coaches or facilities. Different animal there.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't have made a difference what offense Oakland ran last night. They were dominated on the line of scrimmage. Creasy knows the spread, and it can be implemented, but I'm not sure he has the right horse to be pulling that trigger. Then again...it is kinda hard throwing off of your back foot.

Oakland will be fine. A lot of football to be played between now and late November.

It wouldn't have made a difference what offense Oakland ran last night. They were dominated on the line of scrimmage. Creasy knows the spread, and it can be implemented, but I'm not sure he has the right horse to be pulling that trigger. Then again...it is kinda hard throwing off of your back foot.

Oakland will be fine. A lot of football to be played between now and late November.

Think they will get it down,still got a bunch of games to play

Overall Tennessee football has improved over the past 10 years. No it's not on the level of Alabama - Georgia but it's improving. One needs to just go to Cobb county and look at one of the schools there to see. They are huge and the facilities at some of these schools are in line with the top private schools here in Tennessee. Last year collectively with maryville - Oakland - blackman -MBA - ensworth - west - Fulton - I would imagine those teams would have stacked up fairly well against OOS competition.

Too early to tell this year but for certain Murfreesboro is down and rebuilding. Not sure why Oakland does not run the spread with the athletes they have.

Realistically there are only 3 teams in the state this year who would be competitive with CC ( and I believe CC would beat Hoover ) Maryville - BA and MBA.

BA was up 41-0 on Olive Beanch MS at half - Maryville has looked really good in pre season and first game. MBA beat Hewitt - Trussville at home . HT in some Alabama polls was ranked ahead of Hoover.

I was at the CPA - Peachtree Ridge game and from what I saw - if they play like they did against PTR every week they are as of now in my top 5.

Alabama High School football is 'different' than Tennessee High school football:

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/-6555916786341812140/alabamas-high-school-football-coaching-salaries-soar-past-120000-search-for-how-much-your-coach-makes/

"Hoover football coach Josh Niblett received a raise earlier this month from $114,471 to a state-best $125,000 per year, according to Hoover City Schools. That marked the fourth time over the last 10 months that one Alabama high-school coach’s salary leapfrogged another to become the state’s highest-paid public school coach."

"Unlike Floyd and Freeman, whose compensation includes at least some monies from teaching, Winegarden’s pay scale reflects no classroom duty. Traditionally, coaches teach at least one class and it is often a football-specific course like weight training. Niblett teaches four strength training classes at Hoover, including two periods designated for non-athletes."

Edited by davidlimbaugh

I agree wrong year for these teams to play at that level of competition.

You cant compare these two program in anyway other than they are high school. Open enrollment in Alabama allows you to send your kid to any school you want as long as you will to pay the fee. Thus the over 300 kids trying out at Hoover each year. Just imagine if one of the Rutherford County teams with a top program had open enrollment and the rest didnt. Youd have every kid who was a player lining up to pay their fee and attend. I understand why the chamber of commerce is seeking the Hoover's of the world to come to the classic. Its all about the $$$$. The only problem with that is if these team continue to come in and bet the snot out of the local county team, the local will stop attending. They need to seek out like schools and like talent..