Week one games.

Playerscoach

Score is correct. I stand by my statement that the Heritage scrimmage was a scrimmage for DCA only. I'm not diminishing WHH by any means but DCA emptied the bench and played several key players very little. The truth is CPA is a much more talented team and it's not up for debate. CPA outshot DCA 24-4. DCAs keeper made several great stops and without question played the game of her life. Honestly, CPA was unlucky not to have scored several more. We all know how crazy and frustrating soccer can be when goals don't come when you're carpet bombing the goal.

DCAs coach is a good one. He played to win this game by moving a few kids around to help try to slow down CPA. DCA hung on and won a very tough, physical game by playing 9 kids almost the entire game. The freshman centermid played against Wegner in the first half and IMO held her own. She was good enough to get some open looks, make an assist and help DCA maintain a little possession.

All three forwards and the CM are freshmen. The goals were scored by two different freshmen and both assists were by freshmen. All six freshmen that played played forward with the exception of the CM who played the entire game. CPA also played freshmen and I thought they played great. DCA has a punchers chance against good teams with their new coach scheming and their best players have to play extremely well.

CPA is a very good team. They have speed, size, skill and depth. Not to mention a great coach. Had DCA gotten out of their defensive shell or moved their freshmen CM to forward to generate opportunities I think the score is very lopsided for CPA. Unfortunately, CPA had some rotten luck and DCA made the most of their opportunities. Good luck to CPA this season. With their talent I can see them making it to Murfreesboro.

DCA played an OUTSTANDING game.  They did exactly what they needed to do to win.  Very smart coaching and adjustments.

I will also agree that your keeper played out of her mind! Ha ha!  Love some of the crazy saves she made!  I think we had 4 balls SITTING on the line and just couldn't knock it in.

DCA has a talented young team and I look forward to seeing how they progress.

I think it was a great match for our girls to realize that no matter the opponent, you must bring your best for the whole 80 minutes and finish the opportunities that are presented to you.

Well done, DCA.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least it wasn't 4-2.  :rolleyes: Sorry guys, BigG, will get the joke from years ago. Sounds like a great match to kick off the season and a lot of respect to both programs from not shying away from testing yourselves early. What better way to know how to train and progress going forward. Good luck to both squads moving forward. G, let me know if your girls play in the area. I would love to check them out and catch up. 

At least it wasn't 4-2.  :rolleyes: Sorry guys, BigG, will get the joke from years ago. Sounds like a great match to kick off the season and a lot of respect to both programs from not shying away from testing yourselves early. What better way to know how to train and progress going forward. Good luck to both squads moving forward. G, let me know if your girls play in the area. I would love to check them out and catch up. 

Man, must be a SLOOOOOW day at work!  Ha ha!

Miss you, brother!

Score is correct. I stand by my statement that the Heritage scrimmage was a scrimmage for DCA only. I'm not diminishing WHH by any means but DCA emptied the bench and played several key players very little. The truth is CPA is a much more talented team and it's not up for debate. CPA outshot DCA 24-4. DCAs keeper made several great stops and without question played the game of her life. Honestly, CPA was unlucky not to have scored several more. We all know how crazy and frustrating soccer can be when goals don't come when you're carpet bombing the goal.

DCAs coach is a good one. He played to win this game by moving a few kids around to help try to slow down CPA. DCA hung on and won a very tough, physical game by playing 9 kids almost the entire game. The freshman centermid played against Wegner in the first half and IMO held her own. She was good enough to get some open looks, make an assist and help DCA maintain a little possession.

All three forwards and the CM are freshmen. The goals were scored by two different freshmen and both assists were by freshmen. All six freshmen that played played forward with the exception of the CM who played the entire game. CPA also played freshmen and I thought they played great. DCA has a punchers chance against good teams with their new coach scheming and their best players have to play extremely well.

CPA is a very good team. They have speed, size, skill and depth. Not to mention a great coach. Had DCA gotten out of their defensive shell or moved their freshmen CM to forward to generate opportunities I think the score is very lopsided for CPA. Unfortunately, CPA had some rotten luck and DCA made the most of their opportunities. Good luck to CPA this season. With their talent I can see them making it to Murfreesboro.

So DCA moved some players around and played a defensive game.  You say that CPA is "much more talented".....sounds like CPA was out coached then.  Maybe someone should have run over to the DCA coaches and tell them they need to get our of their "defensive shell" so CPA can let all that talent run.

So DCA moved some players around and played a defensive game. You say that CPA is "much more talented".....sounds like CPA was out coached then. Maybe someone should have run over to the DCA coaches and tell them they need to get our of their "defensive shell" so CPA can let all that talent run.

CPA is more talented by any reasonable standard. I don't think CPA was out coached by any means. They had a 5/1 shot advantage, hit a crossbar and had 15 or so corners. The problem though is that once DCA went up 2-1 their Coach clogged the middle and threw bodies at the outside forwards. Every cross and shot was met with no less than 8 DCA defenders. Being "unlucky" in soccer happens to even the best teams.

Soccer is just a crazy sport sometimes and this was an example. Coach Rob at BGA taught me that many years ago when he coached some DCA travel players. ;)

Briarcrest   6     

Notre Dame  0

Wow,  Sounds like a football score

not a good weekend for the Irish; at least they pulled one out over Bartlett.....word is aint good, Cane.....could be one of Shims longest years; lots of great players left that last class.......hadn't seen them yet; so its hard to really say......been chasing Boogerette through her pre-saeson college games....hopefully shim gets the ship righted

See G found his way back

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Edited by Booger

After week 1, Ensworth is 5-0...has scored 40 goals...and has 0 goals against. Not a bad start. Could be their year!

To be fair you've played one decent opponent and arguably the four worst teams you've played in two years. Scoring more goals in those five games than you did in all of 2014 is a great start but you'll have to play well against GPS, Baylor,Father Ryan and HH.

While BA is down HH and FR appear to have improved? You split with HH last year and lost to FR. You also beat CPA handily 4-0 in 2014 so while you should run through your schedule easily the end of the season, with the exception of GPS next week, will be when you know what type of team you have. Good luck!!

I should have clarified that my post was "tongue-in-cheek"! I've had at least one kiddo on the team for the last 6 years and I am so proud of how the program has progressed! We have a fairly strong (and wonderful) group of girls and it should be a fun season to watch! I wish we could have played some stronger competition to begin the season as in prior years (Franklin, Ravenwood, Brentwood, etc.) but I guess 5 clean sheets to start the year (even against weaker opponents) ain't too shabby!