Greenbrier at Springfield

JacketLover

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday, game day, strap on the helmet, lace up the cleats and fire up the grills.  The Greenbrier Bobcats will make the short 7 mile trip to Boyce Smith Field tonight to face the Springfield Yellow Jackets. The Greenbrier vaunted Wing-T vs the Jackets  hurry up pro set.  The Greenbrier 4-3 defense vs the Jackets 4-4.    I expect the Bobcat fur to fly as they are chased all over the field by a swarm of Jackets.  I see the Jackets holding on for a 2 touchdown win.  Sure is quiet out there in the land of the Green and White

It ain't just GB vs. SF.  It's Dustin vs. Kirk...and Dustin is WAY better!  Shoulda been GB's head coach a long time ago and they woulda won WAY more.  And if he stays, the Yellow Jackets will eventually become a team to be reckoned with again.

Everybody talks about GB's philosophy of being a runnin' offense, primarily.  In my opinion, they've always ran when they shoulda passed and vice versa...leavin' us 'coaches in the stands' scratching our heads!  They got 15 dudes...ALL of whom are kin, I think ( :huh:)...wearing headsets, but none of 'em will say anything or suggest something different.

Sadly, if they don't come out strong and score early and often, DWil will adjust and beat the crap outta the 'Cats.  Just sayin'...

It ain't just GB vs. SF.  It's Dustin vs. Kirk...and Dustin is WAY better!  Shoulda been GB's head coach a long time ago and they woulda won WAY more.  And if he stays, the Yellow Jackets will eventually become a team to be reckoned with again.

Everybody talks about GB's philosophy of being a runnin' offense, primarily.  In my opinion, they've always ran when they shoulda passed and vice versa...leavin' us 'coaches in the stands' scratching our heads!  They got 15 dudes...ALL of whom are kin, I think ( :huh:)...wearing headsets, but none of 'em will say anything or suggest something different.

Sadly, if they don't come out strong and score early and often, DWil will adjust and beat the crap outta the 'Cats.  Just sayin'...

I hope to see a clean, mistake free, penalty free, game.  but since it is the first game of the year i will probably be disappointed.  I just hope to see some good football with my Jackets on the winning side.  I think Greenbrier will run the wing-T down our throats and hope to control the ball keep the game close and wear us down.  Our key, IMHO, is for us to get ahead and take Greenbrier out of their ball control plan.  They can't run the clock when they need to score quickly and that should play into our hands.  Let's lace them up and let the best team win. 4 and half until game time