Week 2: Elizabethton (0-0) @ Science Hill (0-0)

EHSTrack06

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your not at least a little impressed with my CYCLONES. Heck we almost beat you guys. Everyone was sayin you all might hang 70 pts on us. Well I'm very impresssed with our CYCLONES. vERY PROUD OF THEM BOYS TONIGHT!!!! GO CYCLONES

I was impressed with the way the Cyclones didn't fold when they got down 14-0. They never gave up and fought hard all night. I was certainly impressed with that "never say die" attitude. However, as I stated earlier, the overall play of both teams really didn't impress me. I don't know if it was first game jitters or what but both teams simply didn't look all that good. The passing game for both teams needs a lot of work. SH looked a little better passing the ball but not by much. I thought Elizabethton looked pretty much on par with the Toppers as far as the run game goes. Neither QB looked sharp. Bedard had 3-4 big plays in the air but he also had a ton of incompletions and what, 2-3 interceptions? Both teams need to improve in the red zone. SH had numerous opportunities (4 or 5) in the red zone and shot themselves in the foot with either a dumb penalty or a turnover. Elizabethton had either one or two missed opportunities in the red zone as well.

The way I saw it both the Toppers and Cyclones have a whole lot they need to improve on.

Edited by TFL2001

I was impressed with the way the Cyclones didn't fold when they got down 14-0. They never gave up and fought hard all night. I was certainly impressed with that "never say die" attitude. However, as I stated earlier, the overall play of both teams really didn't impress me. I don't know if it was first game jitters or what but both teams simply didn't look all that good. The passing game for both teams needs a lot of work. SH looked a little better passing the ball but not by much. I thought Elizabethton looked pretty much on par with the Toppers as far as the run game goes. Neither QB looked sharp. Bedard had 3-4 big plays in the air but he also had a ton of incompletions and what, 2-3 interceptions? Both teams need to improve in the red zone. SH had numerous opportunities (4 or 5) in the red zone and shot themselves in the foot with either a dumb penalty or a turnover. Elizabethton had either one or two missed opportunities in the red zone as well.

The way I saw it both the Toppers and Cyclones have a whole lot they need to improve on.

For BETSEY to play y'all to a 28-21 score it would seem they have a little less to work on than SH!!

For BETSEY to play y'all to a 28-21 score it would seem they have a little less to work on than SH!!

Were you there? A LOT of improvement is needed for BOTH teams. Not one more than the other.

As far as the game goes, I give the edge to:

QB-SH

Passing game-SH

Run game-Tie

OL-Tie

DL-SH

Secondary-Elizabethton

Special Teams-Elizabethton

Edited by TFL2001

Overall I give SH a C- and the Cyclones a B+. 5 trips to the red zone and 0 points. Three missed FGs that would have picked up the red zone mistakes would have helped. We really missed Mr. automatic as our kicker (Alex).

The three picks were tough with two coming in red zone. One hits the receiver in the chest and bounces straight up and the other was under thrown but he should of just tucked it and ran and kept the clock moving. Those are things that will come with time under center. Still the QB had 98 yards rushing and threw for 248 yards and two TDs with a third called back by penalty.

Defense played well. Elizabethton basically didn't throw a pass in the 2nd or 3rd Qtr. One TD was caused by a bad snap and gave them ball first and goal on the three and one was a pick 6 on a LB tip when the receiver ran the wrong route. Otherwise the defense only gave up one long sustained drive. I think they played well.

SH special teams need to be better and the offense needs to keep doing what gets them to the red zone in the red zone. We only punted once all night and that was the snap issue. We moved the ball at will between the 20s just need to shore things up.

No one more disappointed than the kids at SH but there is much to like especially if they can get a couple things fixed.

Go Toppers!!